The Student Room Group

can i get into university with 2 a levels and a btec

i'm planning on doing biomedical science at university (preferably a russell group). i'm doing a level maths, chemistry and a national certificate in human biology (applied biology). would this be enough or would there be a decreased chance of me getting into my course?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by peakyata
i'm planning on doing biomedical science at university (preferably a russell group). i'm doing a level maths, chemistry and a national certificate in human biology (applied biology). would this be enough or would there be a decreased chance of me getting into my course?

Hello @peakyata 😀 Lots of universities will consider a combination of qualifications. If you're doing an extended certificate and it's equivalent to an A level then many universities will be able to consider that in place of a third A Level. You should reach out to universities directly to ask what an offer might look like for you as all of the entry requirements and what we're able to consider is different, but I wouldn't say you're necessarily at a disadvantage 🙂 Good luck!

Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 2
The national certificate in human biology will add a nice touch too. Just make sure to keep those grades up, and you should have a good shot at getting into your preferred Russell Group uni.
Reply 3
Email each Uni you intend to apply to and ask - before you apply.

PS. There is nothing magical about Russell Group Unis - its just a marketing term and doesnt mean that course is 'better' or that you will like being at that Uni. Plenty of 'top' Unis are not part of RG - Bath, St Andrews, Loughborough, Lancaster etc etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending