The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kcl mrc dtp 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just received an interview offer for the BE-MI theme! Good luck for anyone else still waiting!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I’m on reserve for NS-MH. Can’t imagine anyone will abort their space but I will sit tight 🤣
Reply 42
Original post by KIRSTYHOLROYD
I’m on reserve for NS-MH. Can’t imagine anyone will abort their space but I will sit tight 🤣

Yea same I’m on reserve for iCASE. Best of luck to all of us 😂😂
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, congratulations!! I am really happy for you. Could you tell me a bit more about your experiences and how you think it might have helped you to get the interview? I hope your interview goes amazingly.

Thank you so much! It’s my second year applying to PhDs (after being rejected from like 9 programmes before interview last year) and I’m not super sure what helped this time round.

On one hand, I was a lot more descriptive in terms of transferrable skills I gained rather than technical stuff I learnt. I also made it clear why I’d be a good fit for the uni itself, not just the programme, which I hadn’t done last year.

On the other hand, I also started my Master’s this year, which I know they like despite the first year of the DTP being another Master’s anyways. I wouldn’t say that I have too much experience otherwise, just a year of working in industry. After talking to a lot of people, I feel like it’s a lot more relevant how you sell what you’ve done rather than how much you’ve actually done.

Sorry, this was kind of vague hah. Good luck with your other applications!!
It’s strange i still have not received anemail from them 😔

Yes omg, best of luck for it! I don’t know what the success rate for reserved places are but I truly wish we both get what we want
Original post by billybibbit
Thank you so much! It’s my second year applying to PhDs (after being rejected from like 9 programmes before interview last year) and I’m not super sure what helped this time round.

On one hand, I was a lot more descriptive in terms of transferrable skills I gained rather than technical stuff I learnt. I also made it clear why I’d be a good fit for the uni itself, not just the programme, which I hadn’t done last year.

On the other hand, I also started my Master’s this year, which I know they like despite the first year of the DTP being another Master’s anyways. I wouldn’t say that I have too much experience otherwise, just a year of working in industry. After talking to a lot of people, I feel like it’s a lot more relevant how you sell what you’ve done rather than how much you’ve actually done.

Sorry, this was kind of vague hah. Good luck with your other applications!!

Thank you, this is very helpful!! I wish you all the best in your interview, it does sound like he would be a great fit for it 💖
Original post by Anonymous #8
Yes omg, best of luck for it! I don’t know what the success rate for reserved places are but I truly wish we both get what we want

Are you for NS-MH too?! x
Are you for NS-MH too?! x

Hi, it’s for an iCase NS-MH, I’m so scared omg
Anyone been contacted regarding interview results?
Yes, got a phone call offer around lunchtime for CM-HD.

Good luck to anyone waiting! I think in the Q+A they said offers could be sent out Monday too
I have not heard anything yet. Anyone got any offers for iCASE?
Original post by Anonymous #11
I have not heard anything yet. Anyone got any offers for iCASE?

No, I haven’t heard anything either. Which iCase project did you apply for?
Original post by Anonymous #8
No, I haven’t heard anything either. Which iCase project did you apply for?

Developing a pre-clinical human pancreatic cancer model to test novel immunotherapies. You?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Yes, got a phone call offer around lunchtime for CM-HD.

Good luck to anyone waiting! I think in the Q+A they said offers could be sent out Monday too

Did you get an email as well?
Got a phone call offer this afternoon for BE-MI.

Good luck to those still waiting!
Original post by Anonymous #9
Got a phone call offer this afternoon for BE-MI.

Good luck to those still waiting!

No email just phone call. I think emails will come next week.
Curious to see if anyone’s got an iCASE offer
Curious to see if anyone’s got an iCASE offer

Yeah I haven’t heard anything about this

Quick Reply

Latest