The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Application put on hold for MSc in Applied Neuropsychology

Hello everyone. I don't know if anyone else experienced this but after asking about the status of my application, I got sent a day later that my application is on hold and: "Your application is currently on hold. Your application will not be considered for admission at this point in the year as we have reached the maximum number of offers available. If spaces become available later in the application cycle we will then review your application."

For reference, I applied to the program on November 14 and I am an international student from the Middle East. They are stating that they cannot review my application even though it was under review since the beginning of December. Should I send them an email? Did anyone experience this?
Reply 1
You should definitely get into contact with them, phone them or email them - applications aren't supposed to close until the 31st of January where all applicants have 'equal consideration' regardless of when they applied as long as the application was sent before the deadline.You sent yours in November which is much earlier than the deadline so it isn't fair for them not to consider you or review your application. It may be because they have a limit for international applications but even so you did send yours a while ago so I would advise you to get into contact with them, it might be an error. Best wishes hope your uni application goes well!
(edited 3 months ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by KhadijaU
You should definitely get into contact with them, phone them or email them - applications aren't supposed to close until the 31st of January where all applicants have 'equal consideration' regardless of when they applied as long as the application was sent before the deadline.You sent yours in November which is much earlier than the deadline so it isn't fair for them not to consider you or review your application. It may be because they have a limit for international applications but even so you did send yours a while ago so I would advise you to get into contact with them, it might be an error. Best wishes hope your uni application goes well!

The "equal consideration" thing is for undergraduate applications made through UCAS.

OP has applied for a taught postgrad course, and (from what I can see) applications are made direct to Bristol for this programme.

Bristol's web page for the course (https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/msc-applied-neuropsychology/#how-to-apply) states "Places are limited and allocated on a continuous basis from September 2023 until all places are filled."
Original post by lanak02
Hello everyone. I don't know if anyone else experienced this but after asking about the status of my application, I got sent a day later that my application is on hold and: "Your application is currently on hold. Your application will not be considered for admission at this point in the year as we have reached the maximum number of offers available. If spaces become available later in the application cycle we will then review your application."

For reference, I applied to the program on November 14 and I am an international student from the Middle East. They are stating that they cannot review my application even though it was under review since the beginning of December. Should I send them an email? Did anyone experience this?

I sent in my application October and they put me on hold and only gave me my offer in January, so I think them putting you on hold is a normal procedure they do for everyone/ or most people, however just to make sure, I suggest you email them
Original post by lanak02

Hi, may I know if you have any updates on this? It seems that they have reached the quota for this course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending