The Student Room Group

what's the most useless job?

hmmmm

Scroll to see replies

Member of Parliament, some of them don’t seem to be doing too well at the moment.

But my real answer probably has to be social media influencers (specifically the ones from Tik Tok and Instagram).
Other than that I don’t care, do whatever job you like as long as you enjoy it/find it useful.
useless job is kind of an oxymoron. but probably most people on local councils, at least in london
Original post by Talkative Toad
Member of Parliament, some of them don’t seem to be doing too well at the moment.

But my real answer probably has to be social media influencers (specifically the ones from Tik Tok and Instagram).

well a lot of the shadow cabinet. but i think it's pretty silly to think mps have no influence or purpose
Original post by steamedclams
well a lot of the shadow cabinet. but i think it's pretty silly to think mps have no influence or purpose

I’m not saying that they are all useless but some of them don’t seem to be doing too well at the moment.
Reply 6
Doctors, farmers, mothers, construction workers and anyone who maintains critical infrastructure in general. The only useful job in this world now adays is a professional dropshipperman.
Reply 7

Except social media influencers are not useless. They generate millions in sales for their sponsors. Do they make the world a better place? Probably not.
Reply 8

but u probably follow influencers
Reply 9
Original post by steamedclams
useless job is kind of an oxymoron. but probably most people on local councils, at least in london

wait wdym
Reply 10
Original post by Greg8881
Doctors, farmers, mothers, construction workers and anyone who maintains critical infrastructure in general. The only useful job in this world now adays is a professional dropshipperman.

are you saying being a doctor is useless?
Reply 11
Original post by hotpud
Except social media influencers are not useless. They generate millions in sales for their sponsors. Do they make the world a better place? Probably not.

thats true but a lot of influencers actually improve our lifestyle (if we follow it in the positive way) with food, workouts and fashion, makeup. anything really. its not the best profession to have, not fully respected by most people but it is a job that influences people
Investment banker
Original post by user1298371
wait wdym

a job is a set of tasks assigned to someone to meet a particular need. so no need = no job. but some ppl on london councils are actively unhelpful and seem to work contrary to the interests of their clients (the local residents)
Original post by artful_lounger
Investment banker

money maketh the world go round bby
and take a look at a public sector pension portfolio some time and you'll see that they can actually help society
Original post by user1298371
but u probably follow influencers

I still don’t like them (I’m talking about the TikTok and instagram ones, not influencers from other platforms).

Yeah probably my true answer as to what job I find to be the most useless, influencers as opposed to politicians despite me finding some of them to be useless and incompetent.
Investment banker

Why this one out of interest?

I’m not hear to disagree as I do see a lot of people that seem to want to go into IB for the pay alone without considering any other factors.
Why this one out of interest?

I’m not hear to disagree as I do see a lot of people that seem to want to go into IB for the pay alone without considering any other factors.

Look at the 2008 financial crisis and tell me that they are a useful benefit to society.
Look at the 2008 financial crisis and tell me that they are a useful benefit to society.

A big part of me wants for politicians for that but fair enough
A big part of me wants for politicians for that but fair enough

Politicians were just the ones that failed to stop the investment bankers at the major banks making the bad investment decisions and offering the subprime mortgages (which set off that crisis precipitating the broader financial crisis).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending