The Student Room Group

degree apprenticeship

i am in year 12 and studing btec computing l3 and really want to apply to DA and i have no clue where and when to apply to
Reply 1
Original post by bteccomputing16
i am in year 12 and studing btec computing l3 and really want to apply to DA and i have no clue where and when to apply to

Applications are open all year round and I was applying through the latter half of year 13. If I remember correctly it kinda lines up with uni applications? But what I did was google [subject name] degree apprenticeships” and look at the company names that popped up. I’d go to their websites and apply there or if register my interest to get notified when applications opened

I also used sites like ratemyapprenticeship and gradcracker (they have a degree apprenticeship section) to find even more companies. People also recommend the gov website but personally I found it pretty useless in terms of having recent jobs

I’d also suggest having a spreadsheet of your applications that includes info like when you applied, what stage you’re at etc. Cuz it can pile up pretty quick and once these companies get your email some spam you with useless promotional stuff. I found it easier than searching through my emails each time I wanted to know how far along I was in a process
Original post by O_O.
Applications are open all year round and I was applying through the latter half of year 13. If I remember correctly it kinda lines up with uni applications? But what I did was google [subject name] degree apprenticeships” and look at the company names that popped up. I’d go to their websites and apply there or if register my interest to get notified when applications opened

I also used sites like ratemyapprenticeship and gradcracker (they have a degree apprenticeship section) to find even more companies. People also recommend the gov website but personally I found it pretty useless in terms of having recent jobs

I’d also suggest having a spreadsheet of your applications that includes info like when you applied, what stage you’re at etc. Cuz it can pile up pretty quick and once these companies get your email some spam you with useless promotional stuff. I found it easier than searching through my emails each time I wanted to know how far along I was in a process

they are not open all year round. most applications are open from january to march. sign up to the mailing list for the companies you want and they will tell you when they open. otherwise just check their website frequently from september onwards.

i agree with everything else said
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending