The Student Room Group

Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme 2024

Scroll to see replies

has anyone received an update yet from their online assessments?
Original post by xxpoinsonapple
has anyone received an update yet from their online assessments?

Not yet
I was just going over the SHL feedback report. Just wondering, why is 'Graduate Potential' the only one without a star?
(edited 3 months ago)
has anyone received any updates after VI?
has anyone received any updates after VI?

I got rejected last week
Original post by faadhilagoro2
I got rejected last week

oh im sorry,, im sure something better will come up. when did you send your VI and what programme did you apply for?
I have not heard nothing, anybody who got accepted or rejected should give us a snapshot of what they got...
I applied on the 10th of December for the graduate data analyst in Southampton, got the link for the assessments on the same day. I can’t remember exactly when I did it, but I got feedback on the 12th and 13th of December, and I got rejected on the 10th of January.
Original post by Theloveofchrist1
I have not heard nothing, anybody who got accepted or rejected should give us a snapshot of what they got...

I got rejected in the feedback report, I got 6,6,7,5,7,7,6,8,6,8,9,7. In that order

I got rejected in the feedback report, I got 6,6,7,5,7,7,6,8,6,8,9,7. In that order

Read this as “I got rejected. In the feedback report I got…”
Read this as “I got rejected. In the feedback report I got…”

Did they give a reason? That was a pretty good score you got. I'm a bit confused and quite scared because you got an overall score of 82 and I got 74 (6, 6, 8, 7, 4, 6, 4, 6, 5, 7, 9, 6 in that order). By the way, I applied for the mechanical engineering graduate scheme? Any other mechanical engineering applicants here?
Reply 31
Original post by NeverGivingUp
Did they give a reason? That was a pretty good score you got. I'm a bit confused and quite scared because you got an overall score of 82 and I got 74 (6, 6, 8, 7, 4, 6, 4, 6, 5, 7, 9, 6 in that order). By the way, I applied for the mechanical engineering graduate scheme? Any other mechanical engineering applicants here?

I applied to the Materials Engineering one and still haven't heard anything after the feedback in mid-November. I got 60 overall though in the tests so I'm assuming it is a straight rejection.
Original post by b.u.b
I applied to the Materials Engineering one and still haven't heard anything after the feedback in mid-November. I got 60 overall though in the tests so I'm assuming it is a straight rejection.

i applied for finance (early dec) and my score was quite low too (67). I feel like i did pretty well on the video interview so im still hoping.. i emailed them 2 weeks ago asking for an update but they haven’t replied to me.
Reply 33
i applied for finance (early dec) and my score was quite low too (67). I feel like i did pretty well on the video interview so im still hoping.. i emailed them 2 weeks ago asking for an update but they haven’t replied to me.

I checked the vacancies on their site and saw some engineering grad jobs with deadlines of 31/01. I doubt that we will hear anything till after that, maybe they want to see all the applications first
I also applied for the Finance graduate programme and I received the report on the 21/11/2023. I'm still waiting for an AC invitation, hopefully we will hear back from them soon!
Original post by andrea2222
I also applied for the Finance graduate programme and I received the report on the 21/11/2023. I'm still waiting for an AC invitation, hopefully we will hear back from them soon!

What was your score out of 120 and what do you think of your chances?
What was your score out of 120 and what do you think of your chances?

My score is 93/120 and I think the video interview went really well. But I am not sure because it all depends on how well other candidates have done and what they are looking for specifically. What about you?
Original post by andrea2222
My score is 93/120 and I think the video interview went really well. But I am not sure because it all depends on how well other candidates have done and what they are looking for specifically. What about you?

I got 74 out of 120. I'm scared because during the video interview, I think I mispronounced beatty. Instead of saying, 'bee-tee', I think I might have said 'beh-tee'. Do you think that will cost me the job offer? I applied for graduate mechanical engineering by the way.
I got 74 out of 120. I'm scared because during the video interview, I think I mispronounced beatty. Instead of saying, 'bee-tee', I think I might have said 'beh-tee'. Do you think that will cost me the job offer? I applied for graduate mechanical engineering by the way.

Honestly don't panic about that - what's done is done! I think they will be more focused on your actual answers because you will be scored on that after all. Just make sure you don't do the same mistake again if they call you in the AC or for other companies, after all we all learn from our mistakes.
Hey. It's been a little quiet here. Has anyone had any updates yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending