The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

how lenient are Cardiff uni with entry requirements?

The course im interested in asks for ABB-BBB. I think I should be able to get ABB, but there's a chance I might get ABC, or maybe even AAC. Would the C ruin it, even if its in an unrelated subject?
Depends on how competitive the course is.

ABC and AAC would usually be ok.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by frogplant
The course im interested in asks for ABB-BBB. I think I should be able to get ABB, but there's a chance I might get ABC, or maybe even AAC. Would the C ruin it, even if its in an unrelated subject?

Nobody can give any guarantee and it will depend on the subject but usually Cardiff will accept you with those grades.
Often Universities will still take you if you miss a grade and they still have space, but of course there are no guarantees.
So, get the offer - work your butt off, and get those grades. Cardiff is worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Often Universities will still take you if you miss a grade and they still have space, but of course there are no guarantees.
So, get the offer - work your butt off, and get those grades. Cardiff is worth it.

thank you, that's very motivational :smile:
Ask them - they should able to give you an idea! When my son did his UCAS form earlier this year, I called up the departments saying that their grade requirements may be a bit "of a scretch" and would my son be wasting a choice by putting that course/ uni as one of hos 5 choices. They know what grades they went to over the previous couple of years/ what was in clearing and may be able to steer you accordingly.
One very helpful admissions tutor advised along line of ..." oviously we can't guarantee, but in the last 2 years you would have got in with Grades XXX " My son's predicted grades were lower than all of the AAB/ ABB unis that he applied for and he got 4 offers. All were are the advertised requirement, but at least it gave him something to work for.

He didn't get his firm but traded up from his insurance in clearing and is off to Cardiff in the week.

Next year could be a bit different but possible not as many deferrals as originally anticipated.
Obviously this strategy is less likely to apply to any heavily oversubscribed courses so will vary for subject to subject.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
thank you! im sure if I work hard I may be able to reach the requirements but its always a worry :0 . ill ask them! I don't think the course im looking at is too popular actually so that could be good for me
My offer was BBC...and I got BCD :colondollar: Still got into Cardiff tho and now in my final year on track for a first. don't sweat it!
Reply 8
Original post by Uyirpeariel
My offer was BBC...and I got BCD :colondollar: Still got into Cardiff tho and now in my final year on track for a first. don't sweat it!

thanks for the reponse! gives me some ease :smile:
I got offer for Politics and Economics for ABB. Would I get in with grades between ABC-BBC?
I got offer for Politics and Economics for ABB. Would I get in with grades between ABC-BBC?
Original post by Uyirpeariel

Heya!

I just wondered how you did this year, as you mentioned you were in your final year?

I need AAB, I already have an A so waiting for my other results to get in. I reckon I'll end up with AA*D/ AAD/ AAE tho, due to how my exams went in maths.
Original post by Ollie usher

What grades did you get and did you get in?
I’ve applied for same course but offer is AAB
Original post by Ollie usher

hi just wondering did you get in with those grades? were they lenient? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending