The Student Room Group

personal statement for a chem degree

should i put volunteering for open evening in the chemistry department in my personal statement, if so what about it is useful 😭😭😭
Original post by esha06
should i put volunteering for open evening in the chemistry department in my personal statement, if so what about it is useful 😭😭😭

Yeah put it down in the volunteering section of your personal statement
Original post by esha06

What you did and what you learnt i.e. communication skills/teamwork/initiative/leadership qualities.
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpoolean
What you did and what you learnt i.e. communication skills/teamwork/initiative/leadership qualities.

thank youuu!!
Reply 4
"I enjoy explaining Chemistry topics to others and was able to do this at the recent school open evening" but thats literally all you need - and if you are pushed for space, then just delete it.

They'll be far more interested in examples of academic Chemistry topics that interest you.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
"I enjoy explaining Chemistry topics to others and was able to do this at the recent school open evening" but thats literally all you need - and if you are pushed for space, then just delete it.

They'll be far more interested in examples of academic Chemistry topics that interest you.

i did a paragraph about tb drug treatment development but my friend said they want to hear you reflecting more than what you have researched so do you think i should take it out
Reply 6
You might just summarize your research method, but you should conclude with your findings. Don't just describe what you did, but what you found through doing it and possible future use or interest - depending upon how many characters you have left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending