The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Saw ICE and regular IO's being advertised and applied yesterday. Anyone else going for it? There look to be over 300 vacancies across the UK, I'm in Northern Ireland so no doubt there will only be about 5 vacancies here!

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Cardiff, don’t see me getting into Border force Cardiff anytime soon, so thought I’d give this a go.
Reply 2
Original post by James9103
I applied for Cardiff, don’t see me getting into Border force Cardiff anytime soon, so thought I’d give this a go.

BF is literally run by clowns, the way they handle recruitment is appallingly bad.
Reply 3
Original post by dredd1981
Saw ICE and regular IO's being advertised and applied yesterday. Anyone else going for it? There look to be over 300 vacancies across the UK, I'm in Northern Ireland so no doubt there will only be about 5 vacancies here!

Yeah seen this going to start the applications on Friday or over the weekend.
Might aswell and see what happens!
Reply 4
So i completed my applications last night has anyone else applied?
I see theres another thread about these jobs from 2022 and checks seem to be still on going from that Campaign!
I read that’s the start of the sift through applications was yesterday. So we could hear pretty Quickly.
Reply 6
Where you read that??….Ive also applied for the Border force Jan 23 run and received an email to wait out on the Sift for that one as it will take a while 🤨
Original post by Biffboy
Where you read that??….Ive also applied for the Border force Jan 23 run and received an email to wait out on the Sift for that one as it will take a while 🤨

Literally in the advert..

This campaign will be assessed via an ongoing sift and interview process.

Sift starts week commencing 6th March 2023

Interviews start week commencing 27th March 2023

i also applied during the last campaign and was informed a few days after the initial sift date. So have personal experience of it.
Reply 8
Missed that myself…Thats alot quicker process than the Border force campaign it seems!
Reply 9
Original post by Biffboy
Missed that myself…Thats alot quicker process than the Border force campaign it seems!

You spelled "border farce" incorrectly
🤣🤣
Reply 11
Hi, for anyone in Northern Ireland. I applied last year for immigration officer in a previous campaign. Was on the reserve list for 3 months and got offered belfast. Offer was about end of January time. Checks ongoing, potential course for may time as far as I’m aware. No idea how many posts there is in NI, I wouldn’t guess there is many
Reply 12
Original post by CJM92
Hi, for anyone in Northern Ireland. I applied last year for immigration officer in a previous campaign. Was on the reserve list for 3 months and got offered belfast. Offer was about end of January time. Checks ongoing, potential course for may time as far as I’m aware. No idea how many posts there is in NI, I wouldn’t guess there is many

Congrats, can I ask what you scored at interview, just so I have an idea what I need to get an offer? Also, I take it you have to haul your ass to England for the course, any idea how long it is? I'm on a reserve list for an AO position with immigration enforcement......saw this and decided to apply, there are part time vacancies in Belfast so that suits me.....any time I enquire with Border Farce none of the jobs in Belfast are part time.
Reply 13
Congrats, can I ask what you scored at interview, just so I have an idea what I need to get an offer? Also, I take it you have to haul your ass to England for the course, any idea how long it is? I'm on a reserve list for an AO position with immigration enforcement......saw this and decided to apply, there are part time vacancies in Belfast so that suits me.....any time I enquire with Border Farce none of the jobs in Belfast are part time.

I scored 24, strong demonstration. I think they literally pick off the top list for the scoring for the interview. Yeah it’s literally back and forward to England for a few months. Initial is 4 weeks, back home for a few weeks and then back over for another 4 weeks and possibly more course dates.

The only good thing is you get supplied with a work laptop and phone & home office pay for your travel home each weekend and accommodation etc. I am expecting a date for the 17th April if all completed by then but failing that there is another towards the end of may
Reply 14
Original post by CJM92
I scored 24, strong demonstration. I think they literally pick off the top list for the scoring for the interview. Yeah it’s literally back and forward to England for a few months. Initial is 4 weeks, back home for a few weeks and then back over for another 4 weeks and possibly more course dates.

The only good thing is you get supplied with a work laptop and phone & home office pay for your travel home each weekend and accommodation etc. I am expecting a date for the 17th April if all completed by then but failing that there is another towards the end of may

Yeah shame about the travel....thanks for the info bro, hope you get a date soon and good luck on the course :smile:
Reply 15
Yeah shame about the travel....thanks for the info bro, hope you get a date soon and good luck on the course :smile:

The most annoying thing is lack of information from the home office, they’ll update your profile but not actually tell you what they are doing.

From offer to hopeful start date it’ll be about 3 months
Reply 16
Original post by CJM92
The most annoying thing is lack of information from the home office, they’ll update your profile but not actually tell you what they are doing.

From offer to hopeful start date it’ll be about 3 months

Yeah, I'm working for UKVI and you'd see an update....but nothing to say what they were doing. For me from offer to start date was around 1 - 1.5 months, but then I didn't have to wait on a course. I take it your interview was strengths based? I have a friend who recently did a BF strengths interview, couldn't really prepare for it, questions like "what is your biggest regret" etc etc
Reply 17
Yeah, I'm working for UKVI and you'd see an update....but nothing to say what they were doing. For me from offer to start date was around 1 - 1.5 months, but then I didn't have to wait on a course. I take it your interview was strengths based? I have a friend who recently did a BF strengths interview, couldn't really prepare for it, questions like "what is your biggest regret" etc etc

I know the border force one was a pre prepared interview package and not speaking with anyone. My immigration one was with 2 panel members who were extremely helpful and questions were easy enough. Sone strength and some competencies like leadership and communicating and influencing etc. it was a lot easier to speak with a person face to face. Im currently ministry of defence in NI. So it’s a simple transfer but even then I’m not told much lol I have SC clearance already and even then the checks are forever
Reply 18
There’s an online Teams call about this job tomorrow 6-7. More than 200 people were on it last time, very interesting and helpful.
Reply 19
Original post by Cr9587
There’s an online Teams call about this job tomorrow 6-7. More than 200 people were on it last time, very interesting and helpful.

Thanks bud, my interview for UKVI was pre recorded but the one for IE was two actual people, so at least you could gauge whether or not they thought you were talking *******s or not. Yeah my clearance for UKVI took an age even though I already had SC.....civil service, nothing gets done quick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending