The Student Room Group

Phd in Education - Cambridge - 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnonymuStudent
I got an offer today!!
The wait continues for funding though.

Good luck everyone!

Huge congrats!!!!!!!! Dear when did u get the email?
Original post by Mary0000000
Huge congrats!!!!!!!! Dear when did u get the email?

Thanks! =)

I got the email at around 4pm UK time today.
Thanks! =)

I got the email at around 4pm UK time today.

Thank u so much :smile:))!!! Finger crossed 💖
Reply 43
I got an offer today!!
The wait continues for funding though.

Good luck everyone!

Wow!!! That's great news, bud! Huge congrats! 🎉 I'm really happy for you :smile:

Please keep us posted on your funding journey. It'll give us a heads-up on what to expect if we get an offer.
Thanks for sharing the good vibes with us! 🙌
Hey everyone! Has anyone received any notification about being nominated for funding?
I’m still waiting for an application outcome.. have most students received their results?
Original post by toinfinity88
I’m still waiting for an application outcome.. have most students received their results?

I honestly don't think so because the course deadline hasn't passed yet.
Reply 47
Original post by toinfinity88

Nope! It appears the majority including the ones who had applied before the 5th Dec funding deadline haven't heard back yet. I applied before the funding deadline (my preferred supervisor was clear that she wouldn't consider any applications submitted after the 5th Dec deadline) and the department informed me that they processed my offer recommendation on 7th Feb. It seems they are taking their time in processing the applications.
Reply 48
Original post by Phoebe Liao
It went to Decision Pending. Sharing in case it is helpful for others to know. Finger crossed.

Same for me. I don't know what to expect from this. I never saw a PAO message
Reply 49
I got my conditional offer yesterday, the 20th of February. I have been on DP since 2nd February. I hope this helps those waiting. Best of luck!
Reply 50
Original post by gdc2130
Same for me. I don't know what to expect from this. I never saw a PAO message
I too never saw a PAO status and went to DP directly from Departmental Review on the 8th Feb. I emailed the department a week later to inquire about the status of my application. Turns out, the Faculty of Education is pretty open to sharing the exact status of the application. You can write them if you want to inquire about yours.
Here is the email ID I had written to: [email protected]
Reply 51
Original post by Tim877
I got my conditional offer yesterday, the 20th of February. I have been on DP since 2nd February. I hope this helps those waiting. Best of luck!
Huge Congrats!!! Wishing you the greatest of luck with the funding :smile:

Keep us posted on your funding journey.
Reply 52
Original post by JuneKem
Huge Congrats!!! Wishing you the greatest of luck with the funding :smile:

Keep us posted on your funding journey.
Thank you!
Sure, I'll keep you posted on the funding journey. All the best 🙌🏾
Reply 53
Got my conditional offer today!
Did anyone receive any information about funding?
Reply 54
Original post by gdc2130
Congratulations!!!
Original post by gdc2130
Congrats!!!
Hi guys! How are we feeling this week?
Good luck with application and funding news for the upcoming days!
Still waiting for my offer from Decision Pending status. Finger crossed!! Gook luck with everyone’s application and funding❤️
Reply 58
As an international student (Southeast Asian), I am more anxious about the funding than my offer (I haven't received my offer yet). Ever since the department told me they forwarded my application to PAO, I am constantly looking for external funding opportunities in my home country, and it's not looking good.

I knew beforehand that it was going to be difficult, but I had at least hoped for decent external funding opportunities. It would have provided me with a sense of stability, considering that securing internal funding as an international candidate is statistically challenging.

To be honest, having an immersed experience in the present scenario and conversations with my friends in the UK, I am reconsidering my choice of studying there because of the funding struggles. My area of interest (Applied Cognitive Science in Education) rarely has fund-based PhD projects. So, my only option is to apply through a centralized application and get the scholarship. But after this struggle to secure much-needed finances, if things don't work out, next season I am more willing to apply to good universities in Nordic countries and East Asia.

A lot of countries are out of the question for me as I cannot afford to dedicate more than 4years to a PhD.
Reply 59
If this is of help to anybody

Conditional Offer made on 27th Feb
Status updated to Decision Pending (from under review by the department) on 8th Feb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending