The Student Room Group

Phd in Education - Cambridge - 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
Just writing to check in, how are you all doing?
Any news on funding?
Hi all--I'm the American who has posted here previously! I was very excited to get offers from both Cambridge and Oxford, but sadly I am not able to self-fund, and I am not in the position to wait until May-July for funding news. I accepted a fully funded + stipend offer in the US just this week. Wishing you all the best of luck as you wait to hear news about funding! Sad that I won't be able to meet any of you on campus in the fall, but hoping our paths might cross in the education world elsewhere 🙂
Original post by Ald0024
Hi all--I'm the American who has posted here previously! I was very excited to get offers from both Cambridge and Oxford, but sadly I am not able to self-fund, and I am not in the position to wait until May-July for funding news. I accepted a fully funded + stipend offer in the US just this week. Wishing you all the best of luck as you wait to hear news about funding! Sad that I won't be able to meet any of you on campus in the fall, but hoping our paths might cross in the education world elsewhere 🙂

Oh dear! I'm truly sorry to hear that you won't be joining Oxbridge, but congratulations on securing a fantastic opportunity in the US. Your decision makes perfect sense, especially considering how difficult it is to self-fund a PhD. Wishing you all the best on your new journey, and may it bring you much success and fulfillment. Take care. Hope to meet you someday, somewhere❤️
Original post by Tim877
I am wondering too. I have screened the messages from that general to see if there's one PhD education student in there, but none. Are there any Africans here? For Cambridge African Changemakers

Somebody wrote on the Official PG thread that they received the Cambridge African Changemakers Scholarship last week on 20/03.
Good luck to you!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 104
Original post by JuneKem
Somebody wrote on the Official PG thread that they received the Cambridge African Changemakers Scholarship last week on 20/03.
Good luck to you!

Wow! I just saw it.
I had my hopes on that but I guess it's early days to lose hope. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Best wishes to all of us here🙌🏾
Original post by Tim877
Wow! I just saw it.
I had my hopes on that but I guess it's early days to lose hope. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Best wishes to all of us here🙌🏾

You are simply amazing.

Wow!! How are you all doing that? Being so positive and hopeful. With March officially almost over, I am terrified to my core. Maybe because I have no backups I have applied to.
Reply 106
Original post by JuneKem
You are simply amazing.
Wow!! How are you all doing that? Being so positive and hopeful. With March officially almost over, I am terrified to my core. Maybe because I have no backups I have applied to.
Haha, Thank you!
But I must say that I have my fair share of anxiety as well but I choose to be idealistic or to see the
'bright side of things'. It's strategic. It's critical because that's how I learned to survive through everything. I'd rather be optimistic and wrong than be pessimistic and right.

We will all win, eventually
Original post by Tim877
Haha, Thank you!
But I must say that I have my fair share of anxiety as well but I choose to be idealistic or to see the
'bright side of things'. It's strategic. It's critical because that's how I learned to survive through everything. I'd rather be optimistic and wrong than be pessimistic and right.
We will all win, eventually

Thanks, Love🧡
Thank you for those words.
Are there any updates this week?
Anybody got lucky??
Reply 110

No funding news from my side but as I keep saying; we keep hope alive
No fundings news from my side either :frown:

Nothing yet but I'm doing everything I can to secure funding in my country. There's a scholarship between a ministry and Cambridge, and I plan to make it work or at least have some answers..... I have nothing to lose.

Good luck, you guys!
Original post by AnonymuStudent
Nothing yet but I'm doing everything I can to secure funding in my country. There's a scholarship between a ministry and Cambridge, and I plan to make it work or at least have some answers..... I have nothing to lose.
Good luck, you guys!

That is great🙂
Keep pushing forward, and I hope everything works out in your favor. You've got this!🧡
Hello!

Long time lurker here. Just wanted to join you as a fellow Education PhD applicant at Cambridge. I received my offer on the 14th of February as an international applicant. I was nominated for the ESRC CAM DTP and was informed by the DTP that I am a reserve candidate (I emailed the DTP). That means I could be given an offer if others decline and if I do not hear from them by April, I should assume that I did not make the cut. I do not have any information regarding where I am on the list and I actually have no expectation of receiving an offer from the DTP. Nevertheless, I am really proud of making the reserve list.

It's really nice to find myself among you who are in the same boat. Best of luck to everyone!
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by iamunspent
Hello!
Long time lurker here. Just wanted to join you as a fellow Education PhD applicant at Cambridge. I received my offer on the 14th of February as an international applicant. I was nominated for the ESRC CAM DTP and was informed by the DTP that I am a reserve candidate (I emailed the DTP). That means I could be given an offer if others decline and if I do not hear from them by April, I should assume that I did not make the cut. I do not have any information regarding where I am on the list and I actually have no expectation of receiving an offer from the DTP. Nevertheless, I am really proud of making the reserve list.
It's really nice to find myself among you who are in the same boat. Best of luck to everyone!

Hey! WELCOME TO THE PACK😊 We are happy to have you here.

Glad to hear from someone who received a nomination to the Research Council! We were a bit worried about being the wrong representation of the Ph.D. in Education population. Now that you are here, I am quite relieved. Congratulations on making it to the reserved DTP list; that's an accomplishment in itself. I understand your concern about possibly not making it into the DTP, but I think you should wait and see. You never know, right? Either way, the amazing news is that you have a very high probability of securing funding from the Cambridge International Trust. I hope you secure some kind of finances soon. Let us know when you do😊 Wishing you the greatest of luck for your funding journey!!

Stick around.
Original post by JuneKem
Hey! WELCOME TO THE PACK😊 We are happy to have you here.
Glad to hear from someone who received a nomination to the Research Council! We were a bit worried about being the wrong representation of the Ph.D. in Education population. Now that you are here, I am quite relieved. Congratulations on making it to the reserved DTP list; that's an accomplishment in itself. I understand your concern about possibly not making it into the DTP, but I think you should wait and see. You never know, right? Either way, the amazing news is that you have a very high probability of securing funding from the Cambridge International Trust. I hope you secure some kind of finances soon. Let us know when you do😊 Wishing you the greatest of luck for your funding journey!!
Stick around.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I have seen the announcement of some posters in the main thread about being awarded the Cambridge Trust International scholarship, so really not keeping my hopes up about getting one. The whole funding cauldron is so uncertain and depressing that I feel it's better to have no expectations while being hopeful.

Nevertheless, wishing all of you good luck in your endeavours. It would have been wonderful if we could be mates at Cambridge. Let's keep this space up and running so that we can be as updated as we can.
Hi all, hope you’re well!
I got ESRC DTP offer on 20 March - feel very lucky. Was doing a phd at Teachers College but it wasn’t for me…

I was thinking of applying to a peterhouse fund and a fund at my new college so check out any college funding if you haven’t already.

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for everyone here!!
Original post by GarethA
Hi all, hope you’re well!
I got ESRC DTP offer on 20 March - feel very lucky. Was doing a phd at Teachers College but it wasn’t for me…
I was thinking of applying to a peterhouse fund and a fund at my new college so check out any college funding if you haven’t already.
Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for everyone here!!

Welcome to the pack☺️🧡
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending