The Student Room Group

IB Visual Art Advice (Somewhat Urgent)

Winter break is upon us, and I want to dedicate proper time to the different aspects of Visual Arts. I do Visual Arts HL :smile:However, I do have some queries:

For the Comparative Study, how does one do well in it? I know this is very broad but any tips on how to do well on each criterion would be great:smile: I am especially stuck on Criterion F as I have no ideas how to start it.

The Process Portfolio is somewhat scaring me as well. I am stuck on how to do well on it. I am worried about overwriting - the examples I have seen do not have that much writing - but I cannot seem to lower the word count without worrying if it takes away other elements of my personal reflections etc...

Does the Process Portfolio have to show every piece you're going to use in your exhibition? Am I allowed to show pieces that did not end up being used in the final exhibition?

How often do I need to show evidence of my work (/work in progress)? How do document efficiently without showing every single little step?

For my Art pieces, how do I ensure they all connect to each other? I am worried that my pieces will not be good enough or that I will not have enough pieces for the exhibition.

Thank you so much in advance:smile:
I have the same queries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending