The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York accommodation

Any recommendations on which accom in York is the best? (Ensuite, not wet room)

Also, if I applied to study Law, which college should I be choosing?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by strawberrymoon

I assume that you're aware they York is split into two campuses (East and West), about a 20-minute walk from each other? Also, York is collegiate, with each college having a range of different types of accomodation (at different prices). Were you looking for catered or self-catered?

I'm fairly sure that the Law facility is in Campus East, so you might like to looks for colleges on that side (all of which are self-catered, I believe). The colleges (and hence accommodation) is much nicer generally in that side anyway.

Having said that, Campus West is nearer to the city of York itself, and is home to several central facilities (like the library), so you might prefer to be on that side.

Essentially I'm saying that everyone will have different priorities when it comes to accomodation, so it's important that you decide what you want, as your preferences are likely to be different from those of anyone making a recommendation.
University of York
York
Original post by strawberrymoon

Hi!

The York Law School is on Campus East so if you want to be near your department, then the closest colleges are David Kato, Anne Lister, Goodricke, Langwith and Constantine. You can compare colleges and prices here with links to pictures of the different colleges so you can find what's best for you!

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest