The Student Room Group

veterinary physiotherapy thread for 2024

Hi guys,

I have got an offer from Harper Adams to study Veterinary Physiotherapy in 2024.
But i am still considering a gap year

Is anyone else going to Harper Adams and what course?

Are there any other vet physios?
Reply 1
Original post by Ari_205
Hi guys,

I have got an offer from Harper Adams to study Veterinary Physiotherapy in 2024.

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking did they interview you first and if they did what sort of things did they ask? I’ve also applied for vet physio but I haven’t heard back yet.
Reply 2
No they didnt, they just gave me a conditional offer.
Reply 3
Original post by Ari_205
No they didnt, they just gave me a conditional offer.

Okay thank you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ari_205
Hi guys,

I am off to harper too 2025 after a gap year for vet physio.
Reply 5
Amazing! May i ask why you want to have a gap year?
Reply 6
Original post by Ari_205
Amazing! May i ask why you want to have a gap year?

I don’t really have an exact reason I just want some time off before uni to have some fun and go travelling. As well as it being a 4 year course I thought a break before would be good for me. Hope this helps x
Reply 7
Original post by emselby17
I don’t really have an exact reason I just want some time off before uni to have some fun and go travelling. As well as it being a 4 year course I thought a break before would be good for me. Hope this helps x

I completely understand that, I would love to travel but I may take the "gap year" after finishing university to do that. Thank you x
Reply 8
Original post by Ari_205
Hi guys,

me ! vet physio 2024 hopefully
Reply 9
Original post by mgrace68
me ! vet physio 2024 hopefully

At harper? Oo congratulations. Of so with harper are you going to any offer holder days?
Reply 10
Original post by Ari_205
Hi guys,

i got an offer for vet physio, is anyone going to the offer holder day on 24th feb??
Reply 11
I will be going that day
Original post by Ari_205
Hi guys,I have got an offer from Harper Adams to study Veterinary Physiotherapy in 2024.But i am still considering a gap yearIs anyone else going to Harper Adams and what course?Are there any other vet physios?
As a current student at harper just wanted to give some advice x If you want to take a gap year do it befor uni x third year your placement will give you some free time and you get a month off for both Christmas and Easter for year 1,2,4 and the whole of summer off so you have plenty of time to do stuff And if you find a good placement for your third year they might offer you a job for after you graduate but they will want you to start ASAP x Any questions let me know x
Original post by watt0168
As a current student at harper just wanted to give some advice x If you want to take a gap year do it befor uni x third year your placement will give you some free time and you get a month off for both Christmas and Easter for year 1,2,4 and the whole of summer off so you have plenty of time to do stuff And if you find a good placement for your third year they might offer you a job for after you graduate but they will want you to start ASAP x Any questions let me know x
Thank you for your advice. When looking at the differences between vet physio at harper and writtle I noticed that writtle had much more on site equine physio facilities. Does this make a difference in the learning? Do you still do lots of practical equine physio not just canine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending