The Student Room Group

Dating Advice needed

I met a boy two weeks ago, after just 1 week of moving into my new school (AND 6 WEEKS IN ENGLAND). And somehow he already asked me out 2 days ago. I usually am a careful person when it comes to dating, and even though I slightly liked him back, I wasn't planning to make any move until we further got to know each other.

We went on our first date and it was actually nice, and I found myself enjoying it. I just met this boy, and I need some advice in whether I'm doing the right choice, (I'm South Asian) and if I will have any cultural barriers because I'm absolutely clueless on this matter.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I met a boy two weeks ago, after just 1 week of moving into my new school (AND 6 WEEKS IN ENGLAND). And somehow he already asked me out 2 days ago. I usually am a careful person when it comes to dating, and even though I slightly liked him back, I wasn't planning to make any move until we further got to know each other.

We went on our first date and it was actually nice, and I found myself enjoying it. I just met this boy, and I need some advice in whether I'm doing the right choice, (I'm South Asian) and if I will have any cultural barriers because I'm absolutely clueless on this matter.

Hi, I think you should take it slowly. Good men will take it easy and get to know you properly before jumping into a relationship. You guys might have mutual feelings but it is also important that you get to know him well and know for sure that he's not planning to take advantage of you negatively. Take your time because if things end up going wrong or you have a fallout with him, you're gonna get hurt and it's going to completely ruin your time in a new country. Since it's only been 6 weeks, I suggest that you become friends with him instead and learn how men and dating are like in the UK. If you're under 18, I highly highly HIGHLY suggest not rushing into this.
Reply 2
HI and omg thank u thank u thank u for the reply i've been overthinking this way too much akjsgjsg and yh, I feel like i should take my time in actually deciding whether to make it official or not. Moreso i have STRICT PARENTS WOOHOO. I feel its an unnecessary risk, cz its way too little I've known him. and i felt things going a bit out of hand when we um, kissed... I feel it really would be reckless if i proceed this way. How should i discuss this with him tho?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending