The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Official Exeter Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s0ph...99
Hi does anyone know of any group chats for Exeter offer holders?

there’s 2 on snapchat that i’m in
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous #12
there's one on WhatsApp

Do you have a link or anything please?
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous #5

Sorry it won't let me private message you, would you be possibly be able to message me please so I can be added?
Original post by s0ph...99
Sorry it won't let me private message you, would you be possibly be able to message me please so I can be added?

sorry i’ve tried to message you but it won’t let me either
Reply 84
Original post by Anonymous #5

any chance you could add me sc: el_ext
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous #12
there's one on WhatsApp

hi, can u send me a link pls?
Does anyone have offers for Business Management yet?
Reply 87
Original post by Anonymous #13

Nope! But I’m tier 4 I think with 3 x A preds

I have one but I applied a while back in October! Best of luck with your application 🙂
Original post by violets4rosess
hey girlies, my offer for LLB law and european study just came through. Really unsure if I want to go here considering the stereotypes about the students being posh, tory pricks so i'll have to have a good think

Same I got an offer for straight law unsure about accepting it due to the stereotypes would be great to know people before hand

I got a offer on the 18th jan for business management with marketing
Original post by Anonymous #6
I have one but I applied a while back in October! Best of luck with your application 🙂

Congratulations. Would you mind sharing your predicted grades
Reply 92
Original post by problematic-eyes
Same I got an offer for straight law unsure about accepting it due to the stereotypes would be great to know people before hand

I honestly wouldn't worry about the stereotypes, like as much as it's somewhat true there are so many people you'll find people you like who fall into the stereotype or that break away from the stereotype. like I'll hold my hands up and say I come from a extremely posh well-to-do family. But I'm a hard leftist, I'm bi, I'm trans. I run a non-profit for trans youth. I went through a period where my parents tried to put me into care. not to mention I hate tory pricks with a burning passion. as much as people may fit into one stereotype they often won't fit into all of them. Like at first glance people may think I'm a posh **** who's a classist scummy tory, from my clothes, the way that I speak, or the people that I know. But you actually speak to me for more than 5 minutes you'd realise that's far from the truth. I honestly wouldn't let the stereotypes bother you, or influence your choices too much. You'll find your people and enjoy yourself wherever you go.

I hope this helps, best of luck. Hope to see you in sept.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by El C
I honestly wouldn't worry about the stereotypes, like as much as it's somewhat true there are so many people you'll find people you like who fall into the stereotype or that break away from the stereotype. like I'll hold my hands up and say I come from a extremely posh well-to-do family. But I'm a hard leftist, I'm bi, I'm trans. I run a non-profit for trans youth. I went through a period where my parents tried to put me into care. not to mention I hate tory pricks with a burning passion. as much as people may fit into one stereotype they often won't fit into all of them. Like at first glance people may think I'm a posh **** who's a classist scummy tory, from my clothes, the way that I speak, or the people that I know. But you actually speak to me for more than 5 minutes you'd realise that's far from the truth. I honestly wouldn't let the stereotypes bother you, or influence your choices too much. You'll find your people and enjoy yourself wherever you go.

never seen such a passion for hating torys, but that´s reassuring enough tbh so thanks
Congratulations. Would you mind sharing your predicted grades

Thank you! Mine were 2 A*s and an A - best best of luck!!
Reply 95
Original post by Anonymous #14
never seen such a passion for hating torys, but that´s reassuring enough tbh so thanks

my grandparents voted for sunak in the internal party votes. Have to compensate for their crimes
Original post by problematic-eyes

Hi,

Just to add to previous responses, but there really is no such thing as a stereotypical Exeter student. In my experience studying at the University of Exeter (for undergrad, Masters, and now PhD, so I've met a fair few students in my time!), I've always felt welcomed. Through my studies I've interacted and become friends with a diverse range of students from all sorts of different backgrounds and with different life experiences. For me, this day-to-day diversity is one of the real benefits of being at university and something I really enjoy.

As with anywhere, you might get some people who prefer to stay in a group with more like-minded or similar people, but I've no doubt that if you put yourself out there you'll manage to find a group of friends at Exeter where you feel comfortable, happy and able to be yourself. Alongside coursemates in lectures and meeting people in similar accommodation to you, it can also be really effective to meet people through different sports clubs and societies. You can find links to these here - Devon Societies ,Devon Sports or Cornwall Sports and Societies (depending on your campus, Streatham and St Luke's Devon, Penryn Cornwall!). This can be particularly good if you want to find people with a shared interest, whether that be a sports club, political party, or genre of music. You'd be surprised at just how many different people there are at university (over 20,000 in Streatham, around 4000 in St Luke's, and almost 3000 in Penryn) so you're guaranteed to find a group you get along with. For me, that meant even finding a group of friends who all shared an interest in bird-watching, punk music, and playing board games!

I hope that helps address some of those fears you might have, but please don't hesitate to ask if you've got anymore questions.

Kingsley
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
anyone got an offer for the Flexible combined honours course yet?
Reply 98
Original post by El C

you seem super cool🙂 my offer seemed too good to reject, but at the same time one of my biggest concerns was losing touch with diversity. i'll definitely be making a huge effort to get involved if i end up here!!
I got an offer for IR and Spanish last November ABB (contextual)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending