The Student Room Group

which reference do I ask?

I'm wondering who to ask for my ucas reference. (I have had gap years btw and my old tutor cant do it.)

Option 1 - Assistant head of my old school where I did A-levels, had a few classes with her before but she may not remember me well.

Option 2 - Senior teacher/tutor, at the school where I recently did an intensive course for 1 month. (not A-levels related) The course/school was kinda related to my chosen subject at degree so thats a plus.

What do you think?
The first person is probably better positioned to advise on your long term academic trajectory, as they can review your records and discuss with your tutors/teachers from your school.

That said it's quite late to be asking someone to write a reference for you...the deadline is Jan 25th and they may not even be available via email until after next week due to school holidays potentially?

It's usually polite if not actually necessary to give more than just a couple weeks notice for requesting a reference!
Reply 2
Ask your old school - they will be happy to help, but do this quickly so that they have enough time to do it..
Just call your Sixth Form and ask what the procedure is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending