The Student Room Group

Can I get into a uni with the grades ACD? :/

remove post
(edited 13:05)
I’d say ur risking it quite a lot The best option could be to do a apprenticeship as i know bio medicine and most medical courses are highly competitive and wont probably accept ur grades i think the lowest ive heard them accept is AAB
Good luck with everything tho im sure u will do great in a apprenticeship or if u choose to do another course
Original post by gabskebabss
Can I get into a uni with the grades ACD? (104 ucas points) I studied English literature, psychology and philosophy of religion and ethics. I understand that my grades aren’t the best, I was doing really good throughout the two years with philosophy, earning As and A* in mocks or in timed/practice exams but I got a C instead which I wasn’t expecting.

I am wanting to be an esthetician however I understand that I would of had to study sciences instead of what i studied at A level and for that reason I believe that I won’t be accepted into any of the unis that I will be applying for (Plymouth,Bristol,Cardiff,Keele and Aberdeen) which upsets me quite a bit but it’s okay.

I am doing a dermatology course as well as an aesthetician course which I will include in my personal statement but this won’t be enough to study anatomy/physiology/biomedicine will it?

I am looking for a little bit of guidance since I know that to study medicine, As and A*s are expected with the subjects biology and chemistry.

Do I do an apprenticeship instead?

If your aim is medicine then you need to meet those requirements sooner or later. Your options would be to take a year or two out and do the requisite A-levels or an Access to Medicine course (note these normally don't accept school leavers though) and apply to medicine. There is also the option of doing another degree then graduate entry medicine, but that's a much longer and more competitive (and expensive) route.

I believe that other healthcare professionals work in the aesthetics sector so you may want to explore other healthcare professions like nursing - although remember that those are challenging professions and courses and you need to be committed to the full range of work they do and not just the ideal of working in a small niche area. This also applies to medicine...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending