English-7
French-6
History-7
Art-7
Chem- 7
Biology-6
Physics-7
Re-5
Im going to work hard for this month to up my grade, idc if someone tells me its too late to start, but i need to know the perfect way to bring this up!!

Scroll to see replies

hi! my grades are very similar to yours, and i want to bring mine up too. maybe we could work together to find good ways to revise?
at the moment, my grades are:
english lit - 5/6
english lang - 9
maths - 8
physics - 8
chemistry - 9
biology - 6
rs - 5
history - 8
graphic communications - 7
german - 8
drama - not actually had my results back yet!

i don't think it's too late to start - something is always better than nothing
Original post by planets-&-stars
hi! my grades are very similar to yours, and i want to bring mine up too. maybe we could work together to find good ways to revise?
at the moment, my grades are:
english lit - 5/6
english lang - 9
maths - 8
physics - 8
chemistry - 9
biology - 6
rs - 5
history - 8
graphic communications - 7
german - 8
drama - not actually had my results back yet!
i don't think it's too late to start - something is always better than nothing

yes!! Currently im try to follow a schedule and get most of my notes and content done before easter, mainly so that i can just do all the possible past papers during easter, what do you think?
Original post by LalalalallOL
yes!! Currently im try to follow a schedule and get most of my notes and content done before easter, mainly so that i can just do all the possible past papers during easter, what do you think?

i’ve just had a set of mocks, so i’m done with past papers at this point haha. i really need to do some biology revision though. but past papers are really helpful, so if you’ve not had loads of mocks like us, they’re a really good idea
yep me too! I have done three sets of mocks in total, but I want to cover all the past exam papers possible to help me, but thank you! do you want to be study partners by any chance? just because we have similar goals?
yep me too! I have done three sets of mocks in total, but I want to cover all the past exam papers possible to help me, but thank you! do you want to be study partners by any chance? just because we have similar goals?

yes i’d love that! and i’ve done three sets of mocks too - i’m so sick of exams haha. but i suppose that’s the point of them

what subject are you doing tonight?
Reply 6
Hi so far my grades have been around
Maths-7
English-7
French-6
History-7
Art-7
Chem- 7
Biology-6
Physics-7
Re-5
Im going to work hard for this month to up my grade, idc if someone tells me its too late to start, but i need to know the perfect way to bring this up!!

Me too honestly, I got a A and A*’s except in maths and physics I got and F and D 😓 I’m trying to revise so hard
Original post by Moooowww
Me too honestly, I got a A and A*’s except in maths and physics I got and F and D 😓 I’m trying to revise so hard

hey, maths and physics are literally two of my favourite subjects, any chance i could help you? like if theres any topics you don't understand i can always try to rephrase them a bit easier than textbooks - thats what i get people to do for me when i don't understand things. you don't need to say yes, just wondering if that might help! :smile:
Reply 8
hey, maths and physics are literally two of my favourite subjects, any chance i could help you? like if theres any topics you don't understand i can always try to rephrase them a bit easier than textbooks - thats what i get people to do for me when i don't understand things. you don't need to say yes, just wondering if that might help! :smile:

YESS PLS I struggle a lot with the equations parts or even numbers to begin with. I do higher maths (m3) and to be honest idk why I do it because I suck and struggle with anything with circles, sectors and like angles idk why😞 same with physics remembering the equations kill mee
yes i’d love that! and i’ve done three sets of mocks too - i’m so sick of exams haha. but i suppose that’s the point of them
what subject are you doing tonight?

im trying to cover all my history notes, and doing some maths, with physics and biology 😭 going to cram it all in!!
YESS PLS I struggle a lot with the equations parts or even numbers to begin with. I do higher maths (m3) and to be honest idk why I do it because I suck and struggle with anything with circles, sectors and like angles idk why😞 same with physics remembering the equations kill mee

you should definitely try doing the simpler problems first and then move to exam questions then?
you should definitely try doing the simpler problems first and then move to exam questions then?

I asked my teacher for a bunch of past papers so I could practice and it helped me a lot honestly but ig my nerves are making me fall back since I’m so scared to take my GCSEs

okay first off i'm assuming you're doing your gcses this year, like us? in that case, chill on the physics equations, we get the sheet. in maths we get the longer ones like the quadratic formula, equation for some areas, etc...

circles can be weird. theres just a couple rules with them, and that'll be all they want to ask:

the angle at the circumference is twice the angle at the centre. so this could be a one or two mark question, potentially more but unlikely, and what they'll do is they'll say "ACD is the centre of the circle. angle ABD is on the circumference. angle ACD is 80 degrees. how big is angle ABD?" or "ABD is 40 degrees, how big is angle ACD?"

angles in the same segment are equal. now i don't 100% understand the wording on that one, but basically it looks like a bowtie (its two lines with diagonals doing from top left to bottom right and top right to bottom left) inside a circle. i can't explain very well, so you might need to search a picture of it, but you'll understand what i mean when you see it. and basically, the two top angles are equal, and the two bottom angles are equal. for this one its best to search an image of it, but i just remember that bowtie = segment

opposite angles in a cyclic quadrilateral add up to 180. a cyclic quadrilateral is a square that is inside a circle, and the opposite angles in it (eg top left and bottom right, or bottom left and top right) are equal. pretty much does what it says in the tin

the angle at the circumference in a semi-circle is always 90. so if you have a point anywhere on the circumference, and it is connected to the diameter, the angle will be 90 degrees

angle between a tangent and a radius is 90 degrees. a tangent is a line that touches the circle in one, and only one, place

two tangents that meet at a point will be equal in length (of distance from their contact point/point they touched the circle)

a radius will always bisect the chord if they cross at 90 degrees. a chord is a line that touches two points inside the circle, but doesn't go through the centre. its like if the diameter just couldnt be bothered. i don't think this is on all exam boards though

the angle between a tangent and a chord is equal to the angle in the alternate segment. this one is a little bit more difficult to explain, but imagine you have a circle with a triangle in it, and lets say the triangle is pointing downwards. the top left angle would be, for example, named a, top right would be b, bottom would be c. if a tangent were to touch the circumference where angle c does, then the angle on the left between the tangent and line AC would equal angle b, and the angle on the right between the tangent and side BC would equal angle a. again it's maybe best to search a picture

on their own, these would all be one or two mark questions, and fairly simple once you know what they're asking. however, sometimes they can put multiple of these together to create massive questions, even going up to 5 marks!

i hope this helps, at least somewhat, and if theres anything else let me know!
I asked my teacher for a bunch of past papers so I could practice and it helped me a lot honestly but ig my nerves are making me fall back since I’m so scared to take my GCSEs

don't be scared. we're all in the same boat, and we're here for you! i know it'll be scary, but there's no mistake that can't be fixed, thats what my friends have taught me
im trying to cover all my history notes, and doing some maths, with physics and biology 😭 going to cram it all in!!

ooh have fun with that! i need to quiz myself on some biology because i just can't get it stuck in my head then i'll do some physics and maths, because thats homework revision anyway haha
okay first off i'm assuming you're doing your gcses this year, like us? In that case, chill on the physics equations, we get the sheet. In maths we get the longer ones like the quadratic formula, equation for some areas, etc...
Circles can be weird. Theres just a couple rules with them, and that'll be all they want to ask:

the angle at the circumference is twice the angle at the centre. So this could be a one or two mark question, potentially more but unlikely, and what they'll do is they'll say "acd is the centre of the circle. Angle abd is on the circumference. Angle acd is 80 degrees. How big is angle abd?" or "abd is 40 degrees, how big is angle acd?"

angles in the same segment are equal. Now i don't 100% understand the wording on that one, but basically it looks like a bowtie (its two lines with diagonals doing from top left to bottom right and top right to bottom left) inside a circle. I can't explain very well, so you might need to search a picture of it, but you'll understand what i mean when you see it. And basically, the two top angles are equal, and the two bottom angles are equal. For this one its best to search an image of it, but i just remember that bowtie = segment

opposite angles in a cyclic quadrilateral add up to 180. A cyclic quadrilateral is a square that is inside a circle, and the opposite angles in it (eg top left and bottom right, or bottom left and top right) are equal. Pretty much does what it says in the tin

the angle at the circumference in a semi-circle is always 90. So if you have a point anywhere on the circumference, and it is connected to the diameter, the angle will be 90 degrees

angle between a tangent and a radius is 90 degrees. A tangent is a line that touches the circle in one, and only one, place

two tangents that meet at a point will be equal in length (of distance from their contact point/point they touched the circle)

a radius will always bisect the chord if they cross at 90 degrees. A chord is a line that touches two points inside the circle, but doesn't go through the centre. Its like if the diameter just couldnt be bothered. I don't think this is on all exam boards though

the angle between a tangent and a chord is equal to the angle in the alternate segment. This one is a little bit more difficult to explain, but imagine you have a circle with a triangle in it, and lets say the triangle is pointing downwards. The top left angle would be, for example, named a, top right would be b, bottom would be c. If a tangent were to touch the circumference where angle c does, then the angle on the left between the tangent and line ac would equal angle b, and the angle on the right between the tangent and side bc would equal angle a. Again it's maybe best to search a picture

on their own, these would all be one or two mark questions, and fairly simple once you know what they're asking. However, sometimes they can put multiple of these together to create massive questions, even going up to 5 marks!
I hope this helps, at least somewhat, and if theres anything else let me know!

u are a litteral saint bro i saved this for when im revising maths
Hi so far my grades have been around
Maths-7
English-7
French-6
History-7
Art-7
Chem- 7
Biology-6
Physics-7
Re-5

I'm in Year 12 so I've already done my GCSEs so what I can advise you is do practice. papers. for all the Sciences, the same questions will literally come up. I got a 9 in History and really it's just a memory game, so memorise practically everything in the textbook and this can be quite daunting so just make flashcards from one page of your textbook or topic a day. For English, just memorise really good quotes as well as analysis. Use Duolingo for French! Also CGP textbooks are amazing for all the subjects you're taking and use StudySmarter for your flashcards. If you need ANY help, just ask me!

I know you're scared, and I was too (I'm in Year 12 now) but it really honestly isn't the WORST thing in the world and this is coming from someone who was so super scared of doing them but if you think of it like this; it feels super overwhelming now, in a few months, it will be less overwhelming and next year it won't be the slightest bit overwhelming because you will have done them by them. Just remember to take it step by step and don't look at the whole staircase
u are a litteral saint bro i saved this for when im revising maths

thats okay! i think i made something similar for english language a couple posts back, but i can find it for you if you want?
thats okay! i think i made something similar for english language a couple posts back, but i can find it for you if you want?

Yes please 🙏🏽 tyy for ur help honestly

Quick Reply

Latest