The Student Room Group

English Eduqas

What is 2N in Eduqas
Original post by Malzy117
What is 2N in Eduqas

In what context? Is that a grade? A course code? An option on a particular course? A paper identifier?

Where have you seen that code?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia

In what context? Is that a grade? A course code? An option on a particular course? A paper identifier?

Where have you seen that code?

I saw it on my student portal on the grade I got on my English Language Eduqas resit
I saw it on my student portal on the grade I got on my English Language Eduqas resit

I believe it is actually a combination of two grades.

For the GCSE itself (assuming that's the qualification we're talking about) you achieved a grade 2. For the "speaking and listening" part (which is separate from the GCSE itself) the N means "not classified" (i.e. not a pass, merit, or distinction). This might mean you didn't do that part.
Reply 4

I believe it is actually a combination of two grades.

For the GCSE itself (assuming that's the qualification we're talking about) you achieved a grade 2. For the "speaking and listening" part (which is separate from the GCSE itself) the N means "not classified" (i.e. not a pass, merit, or distinction). This might mean you didn't do that part.

I got a band 4 tho cause it says it on my old college student portal but I’m gonna call the exam board tomorrow so they can send me a new certificate that says I got a band 4
I got a band 4 tho cause it says it on my old college student portal but I’m gonna call the exam board tomorrow so they can send me a new certificate that says I got a band 4

Exam boards don't deal in "bands". Were you in streams / sets / bands for GCSE English? Is there any chance you were in band 4 but achieved grade 2 in the exam?
Reply 6

Exam boards don't deal in "bands". Were you in streams / sets / bands for GCSE English? Is there any chance you were in band 4 but achieved grade 2 in the exam?

No I got a band 4 on the exam which means I passed

I'm clearly not going to convince you that GCSE grades are not "band" anything. Hopefully the exam board will be able to assist you when you speak with them tomorrow.
Reply 8

It’s my GCSE resit I’m on abt I got a band 4 on it

Quick Reply

Latest