The Student Room Group

MSc Dietetics (pre-registration)

Hi, I just want to ask for clarification. Is it true that if we want to pursue MSc Dietetics (pre-registration), we should have a prior experience in UK (shadowing dietitian or volunteering in UK hospital)?

Because I failed my application to one of the MSc Dietetics (pre-reg). And I am questioning this a lot whether this was because I am an international student and didnt have any prior experience with UK settings.

any answer would be a massive help :smile: thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by vrenievre
Hi, I just want to ask for clarification. Is it true that if we want to pursue MSc Dietetics (pre-registration), we should have a prior experience in UK (shadowing dietitian or volunteering in UK hospital)?
Because I failed my application to one of the MSc Dietetics (pre-reg). And I am questioning this a lot whether this was because I am an international student and didnt have any prior experience with UK settings.
any answer would be a massive help :smile: thank you!

Hello there,

So sorry to hear that your application was unsuccessful - do you mind me asking where you had applied to and if you got to interview stages?

I know that some of the unis are just so competitive that they don't have many spaces at all. Id have thought having had experience shadowing a dietitian even if not in the UK would all count as good experience.

Thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by Cleo1243
Hello there,
So sorry to hear that your application was unsuccessful - do you mind me asking where you had applied to and if you got to interview stages?
I know that some of the unis are just so competitive that they don't have many spaces at all. Id have thought having had experience shadowing a dietitian even if not in the UK would all count as good experience.
Thanks!

Hallo,
Thank you so much for assuring messages. I applied to UCL and didnt received a place for interview.

I am contemplating whether I didn't have any prior experience with UK settings (because I am registered nutritionist from my country) or because I didnt mention I want to pursue career in UK after completion of the study.

I heard that the pre-reg dietetics would prioritize the candidate who will want to pursue career in UK after the study? Is it true?
Reply 3
Did you consider applying to other universities that offer the MSc? There are some that start next Jan/feb so you can still apply. UCL is very competitive.

I’m an international student and got an offer at UEA for the MSc so I didn’t have UK experience. I also did not mention I wanted to stay in UK either. Good luck and keep at it!
Reply 4
Hi, Reezyyk!

Thank you so much for the reply. No.. unfortunately after the rejection on 07.03, I haven't apply to other universities. But, I am thinking to strive for MSc Dietetics in UK or Clinical Nutrition in Nottingham 😊.

By the way, do you mind if I connect to you via email or linkedin? I think I really need your advices regarding the personal statements feedback and other things in dietetic applications. I apologize if this messages put you in inconvenient situation.

Oh, I hope your study at UAE Dietetics going well!! I cant wait to hear your experience 😆

Quick Reply

Latest