The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Can you tranfer course during your first year?

Hi, I'm currently taking psychology, but I'm very quickly realising it isn't for me. Would I be able to change to a different course, or would I need to drop out and reapply next year? Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I'm currently taking psychology, but I'm very quickly realising it isn't for me. Would I be able to change to a different course, or would I need to drop out and reapply next year? Thank you.

Hi there,

It is possible to apply for a change of programme, provided you fulfil the entry requirements and/or compulsory modules. You can find out more about this here.
I would definitely recommend getting in touch with your personal tutor or another member of staff you feel comfortable with to discuss this first - they should be able to help with any concerns you are having and talk through your decision!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hi there,

It is possible to apply for a change of programme, provided you fulfil the entry requirements and/or compulsory modules. You can find out more about this here.
I would definitely recommend getting in touch with your personal tutor or another member of staff you feel comfortable with to discuss this first - they should be able to help with any concerns you are having and talk through your decision!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending