The Student Room Group

Oxford University Offer Holders Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robinnnh
oh my god hi! that’s so exciting, I wasn’t sure if I’d find anyone else with a hoa offer. if you’re at st john’s is alistair your tutor? i had him for the second part of my interview and he was so nice even though my answers were so bad haha.
anyway, congratulations! hopefully i’ll see you in october :-)

me too, i've been scrolling through this site for so long and it seems you and i may be the only hoa offer holders on here hahaha.

i believe he should be! and clearly your answers were better than you thought, congratulations on the offer~ lincoln was my second choice college actually, their library is so gorgeous omg

can't wait ahh hope i'll see you around!
Friendly reminder to proceed with caution if receiving unsolicited PMs from random users offering you a link to a group chat.

They may not be who they claim to be and that may not be a group chat. Because TSR can't verify this sort of authenticity we prohibit the sharing of social media stuff. Advice is to report and ignore. :yep:
Reply 142
Original post by countless-blink
Any others for human sciences or magdalen?

Physics at magdalen :smile:
Original post by fluffypickles64
any one get an offer for sommerville or biochem? :smile:

Hey, Somerville physics here :smile:
Reply 144
The official Oxford Thread has been nominated for the best thread award.🎊🏆🎊🏆🎊
Please vote here to show your support
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7444440
(edited 2 months ago)
Bit late to the party but I got an offer from St Hugh's for English! I'd love to get in contact with some other offer holders :smile:
hey guys, joining University Connect by TSR is another way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you!! the link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:
gg everyone congrats
Thank you to everyone who voted in the Tsr Community awards .This thread won:king1:place in Best Thread of the Year and also:king1:place as most viewed thread of the year with over 450,000 views which is rather amazing!
On a personal note thanks anyone who voted for me or Oxford Mum as most supportive members as we were placed:king1:and:king2:respectively.Very honoured and humbled by all the support so thanks.
Anyone who’s going

Kellogg college

Department of continuing education

Or doing any of the evidence-based healthcare or statistics stream

Have heard anything about funding or emailed anyone yet
Original post by Anonymous #15
Anyone who’s going

Kellogg college

Department of continuing education

Or doing any of the evidence-based healthcare or statistics stream

Have heard anything about funding or emailed anyone yet
I think you want the Oxford Post Grad thread not the undergrad one.
Hi everyone - does anyone know when freshers week takes place? Term start is Oct 1 so I am trying to determine when to fly to Oxford. If it is the week before term start then I would plan to be in a week before but if it is after Oct 1 then i would most likely come Sept 28. Any insight would be amazing
Original post by Anonymous #16
Hi everyone - does anyone know when freshers week takes place? Term start is Oct 1 so I am trying to determine when to fly to Oxford. If it is the week before term start then I would plan to be in a week before but if it is after Oct 1 then i would most likely come Sept 28. Any insight would be amazing

I will also clarify that this is term start for my programme. I can’t speak for orhers
Hi, as far as I know freshers' week is the week starting Sunday the 6th of October I believe (classed as week 0), then Michaelmas properly starts on 13th October - although this probably varies depending on colleges/ courses :smile:
I will also clarify that this is term start for my programme. I can’t speak for orhers

they should roughly be the same
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
Original post by clara2006
Hi, as far as I know freshers' week is the week starting Sunday the 6th of October I believe (classed as week 0), then Michaelmas properly starts on 13th October - although this probably varies depending on colleges/ courses :smile:

This isn't meant to be a facetious reply but the whole point of Freshers Week is that it's the same for everyone. The only real difference is the appointed time for your college at the Exhibition Schools (presuming it's still held there) to get to see the university wide societies and clubs. Your college will also put on specific events / tasters for you but they should all be in 0th Week.
My daughter got accepted at Corpus Christi for PPE. We are based out of USA. Any other students starting at Oxford from US starting this fall. Congratulations to all students who were accepted!
Original post by Anonymous
My daughter got accepted at Corpus Christi for PPE. We are based out of USA. Any other students starting at Oxford from US starting this fall. Congratulations to all students who were accepted!

Hi US parent,please feel free to join us on the Oxford Parents Association Thread.We have many US parents who joined us last year so there is a wealth of useful experience you can draw from.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5893218
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Scotney
Hi US parent,please feel free to join us on the Oxford Parents Association Thread.We have many US parents who joined us last year so there is a wealth of useful experience you can draw from.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5893218

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome. I will definitely start following the thread you recommended and read through all the content to get us started.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending