The Student Room Group

Should I drop out of A-Levels this year?

So I messed up by picking A-Level Chemistry (my original choice was computer science, although I changed this last minute after doing surprisingly well in GCSE chemistry) and after asking to drop it, I was declined and told that it's too late (which I understand).

I'm thinking of simply leaving my college, applying for another college and starting afresh there next year rather than continuing with chemistry. I'm doing fine in my other subjects (biology and maths) but I literally have no drive to study chemistry and I feel like there is a large likelihood of me doing dogsh*t in it during the final exams.

I can elaborate anything further but I just want to keep this explanation simple for convenience.
Original post by biggy9939
So I messed up by picking A-Level Chemistry (my original choice was computer science, although I changed this last minute after doing surprisingly well in GCSE chemistry) and after asking to drop it, I was declined and told that it's too late (which I understand).

I'm thinking of simply leaving my college, applying for another college and starting afresh there next year rather than continuing with chemistry. I'm doing fine in my other subjects (biology and maths) but I literally have no drive to study chemistry and I feel like there is a large likelihood of me doing dogsh*t in it during the final exams.

I can elaborate anything further but I just want to keep this explanation simple for convenience.

If you truly believe that A-level Chemistry is not for you then you can drop out. There's no specific timeline in when you should complete your A-levels. Universities will not care when you have completed your A-levels. Just do what you believe is right for yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest