The Student Room Group

Clearing

Should I choose to go through clearing for better universities if I get better alevel results than my predicted grades?
Reply 1
Can you go through clearing even if you have some offers from universities? Or would you need to reject those offers before going through clearing?
Original post by Nooppea
Can you go through clearing even if you have some offers from universities? Or would you need to reject those offers before going through clearing?

You can't formally apply via Clearing whilst holding another offer. However, that doesn't mean you can't call-up unis and discuss with them whether they would be likely to accept you via Clearing if you were to apply.

(Note that some unis with only talk Clearing with students who are actually in Clearing - i.e. who are holding no offers. So this conversation might not actually go anywhere.)
Reply 3
is it possible to apply to a different uni while being an offer holder as a gap year student?
Original post by leOooO!
is it possible to apply to a different uni while being an offer holder as a gap year student?

no

If you hold an offer for a deferred place then you have to withdraw your deferred application to make a new application to other universities.
You can always apply back to your deferred university as one of your 5 choices and many universities will happily reinstate your offer - if you ask them before then they might guarantee this in writing to help reassure you that it isn't a risk
Original post by Nooppea
Should I choose to go through clearing for better universities if I get better alevel results than my predicted grades?

If you think you're going to exceed your predictions then why aren't you applying to at least 2 aspirational universities in your original 5 choices?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending