The Student Room Group

Inns of court scholarship (Bar course)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sg3124
Did Lincoln’s ask any questions about current legal topics?
They didn’t ask me about any current legal topics but I know that they often do so I’d definitely prepare for a question like that.
For Lincoln's did you stand for the presentation or just do it sitting down?
Reply 42
My panel were intimidating . I was interviewed yesterday. They didn’t smile or make any attempt to be remotely friendly from the moment I walked in! I just can’t tell how it went.
Reply 43
Original post by Liniis
My panel were intimidating . I was interviewed yesterday. They didn’t smile or make any attempt to be remotely friendly from the moment I walked in! I just can’t tell how it went.
Ugh, I really hate that, there’s no need to be like that in my opinion, but I am sure it went well and at least it’s done now 🙂
Reply 44
Original post by Sg3124
Ugh, I really hate that, there’s no need to be like that in my opinion, but I am sure it went well and at least it’s done now 🙂
I know. Maybe it was deliberate to test me. Who knows!
Reply 45
Original post by Liniis
I know. Maybe it was deliberate to test me. Who knows!
Yeah well I assume it is because they want to know how you deal with pressure but you know, they know none of us have even done the bar course yet, so I feel expectation is a bit too high for that 😂
Original post by Liniis
Hey! I had exactly the same experience when I was interviewed last year. It was very intimidating and I thought it went terribly to be honest... I stumbled over my words, etc. But I ended up getting a major Bar scholarship with them so don't give up hope!
Reply 47
I found the panel I had were really nice and engaging which made me feel much more at ease, especially after I read some experiences on here, so I am so sorry to hear that people had tougher panels than others, it doesn’t seem to set a very level playing field for all! But I am sure it went better than you thought and hopefully we all get what we want 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I had my interview at Gray’s Inn yesterday- went quite well but I guess you never know with these things. Everything is crossed.
Reply 49
Does anyone know/recall when we’re expected to hear back from Lincoln’s? I can’t remember if the panel told me by April or in April. Thanks!
Original post by eemuji
Does anyone know/recall when we’re expected to hear back from Lincoln’s? I can’t remember if the panel told me by April or in April. Thanks!
I think they said we'd hear back by the end of April buttttt if you go to the 'What's On' section of the Inn's page, their scholarship committee are meeting on Monday. I'd like to think that they won't need 6 weeks after meeting but who knows
Reply 51
Original post by CJStevens
I think they said we'd hear back by the end of April buttttt if you go to the 'What's On' section of the Inn's page, their scholarship committee are meeting on Monday. I'd like to think that they won't need 6 weeks after meeting but who knows

Just asked my friend who did it last year and she said she found out at the end of March so there is hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Original post by Sg3124
Just asked my friend who did it last year and she said she found out at the end of March so there is hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Was this for Lincoln's???
Reply 53
Original post by CJStevens
Was this for Lincoln's???

Yep it certainly was
Original post by Sg3124
Yep it certainly was

and do you mind saying if it her application was successful or not. Perhaps, Lincoln's send out the rejection first??
Reply 55
Original post by l,
and do you mind saying if it her application was successful or not. Perhaps, Lincoln's send out the rejection first??

She got rejected but it was all at the same time I believe, I remember them (Lincoln’s) putting an Instagram story on saying the outcomes for scholarships interview were out :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
The scholarship committee is meeting on 16th April as displayed on Lincoln's website.
Reply 57
Original post by l,
The scholarship committee is meeting on 16th April as displayed on Lincoln's website.

Where does it say that on the website?
Original post by Sg3124
Where does it say that on the website?

Go to the 'What's On' Section
Does anyone know when we'll be hearing back about this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending