The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial MSc Computing (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) Applicants 2024

Hello everyone,
This thread is specifically for all applicants of the MSc Computing (AI+ML) course at Imperial College London. Do share the date when you completed your application. Also, let us know if you’ve received any response yet. Your shared experiences could be helpful for others.

Note: Undergraduate students who have applied to the MEng program, please mention this to avoid confusion among MSc applicants.
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let me start with myself, I submitted my application on 30th Nov and I still haven't received any updates.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi I submitted my application on 01/12, did the admissions test on 21/12 but haven't received any updates either
Reply 3
Original post by 1000xLight
Let me start with myself, I submitted my application on 30th Nov and I still haven't received any updates.

What's your admission group?
Reply 4
Original post by hi_hello.
Hi I submitted my application on 01/12, did the admissions test on 21/12 but haven't received any updates either

From your reply it seems like you applied for MEng. MSc course is for postgraduate students and as far as I know MSc doesn't have an admission test. If you are using this thread, please mention that you applied for MEng so you don't confuse others.

What's an admission group? I only have my application id with me.
Reply 5
From your reply it seems like you applied for MEng. MSc course is for postgraduate students and as far as I know MSc doesn't have an admission test. If you are using this thread, please mention that you applied for MEng so you don't confuse others.

What's an admission group? I only have my application id with me.

Oh sorry I applied to the MEng course
Reply 6
Hi all, my completed application was on 9-Nov '23 for MSc Computing (AI+ML) at ICL. I have reached out to follow up with the computing department via mail the last 2 weeks and was informed that the decision is tentatively to be made within 12 weeks from the completed application with possible subsequent time buffer. Look forward to hearing others' experience.
Reply 7
Original post by cucoarti
Hi all, my completed application was on 9-Nov '23 for MSc Computing (AI+ML) at ICL. I have reached out to follow up with the computing department via mail the last 2 weeks and was informed that the decision is tentatively to be made within 12 weeks from the completed application with possible subsequent time buffer. Look forward to hearing others' experience.

Oh damn, that means I need to wait one more month. I just mail them an hour ago asking about the same. The wait is really is painful.
Reply 8
Oh damn, that means I need to wait one more month. I just mail them an hour ago asking about the same. The wait is really is painful.

The painful wait is 💯 Anyway, hope you hear back from them soon. Mind me asking your background? I'm an international student with an undergraduate degree in the social science stream along with a ~2 year large scale software implementation work experience.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 9
The painful wait is 💯 Anyway, hope you hear back from them soon. Mind me asking your background? I'm an international student with an undergraduate degree in the social science stream along with a ~2 year large scale software implementation work experience.

Check your inbox. I've send you a message
Reply 10

Were you eligible to apply to this course as it require you to have taken computing courses that equate to two years of a computer science undergraduate programme? Did you apply to MSc AI program?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 11
Check your inbox. I've send you a message

Thanks for your message. I am unable to reply due to the technical constraint in this online community.
Reply 12
Were you eligible to apply to this course as it require you to have taken computing courses that equate to two years of a computer science undergraduate programme? Did you apply to MSc AI program?

The courses mandated during my undergrad were focused on computer science and the MSc AI program was my second choice.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 13
The courses mandated during my undergrad were focused on computer science and the MSc AI program was my second choice.

Makes sense now. I didn't give MSc AI for second choice as it is a conversion course for non CS students. I did my undergrad in Computer Science.
Reply 14
Thanks for your message. I am unable to reply due to the technical constraint in this online community.

Dm me in discord. https://discord.com/invite/WeyZjnrT
Just a general question, as I'm looking to apply to the postgrad MSc (AI & Computing) course. Does this require any form of interview or test etc.?
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just a general question, as I'm looking to apply to the postgrad MSc (AI & Computing) course. Does this require any form of interview or test etc.?

I'm looking to know the same, and has anyone got through to any further steps?
Reply 17
Original post by DNOFHF
I'm looking to know the same, and has anyone got through to any further steps?

No, the status is still "with department".
Reply 18

any updates? Hasn't it been more than 12 weeks for you?
Heyy,
I submitted my application for MSc Computing (AI + ML) at ICL on the 22nd of October and received an offer on the 13th of February.
Good luck for you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending