Official TSR Book Club 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study23!
Romance for Valentines ❤️

PROSM! Such a cool idea
Romance for Valentines ❤️

yess that was the plan for feb
i agree with romance but NOT colleen hoover please....also can it be any romance genre like classic romance e.g emma by jane austen or fantasy romance e.g cruel prince by holly black?
the romance was a fab idea, so my vote goes for that!
Original post by HadronCollider
i agree with romance but NOT colleen hoover please....also can it be any romance genre like classic romance e.g emma by jane austen or fantasy romance e.g cruel prince by holly black?

i'd off myself if someone told me to read CoHo again💀💀
Original post by heartz4moushi

brooooo i'll keep saying this, collen hover is a good way to GET someone onto reading, like my best mate didnt read a day in her life, read it ends with us and started liking reading after that BUTTTTT, AND BELIVE ME THIS IS A BIG BUTTTT, sshe is a crap author, hated her books, horror and my freind has read quite a bit after that and she gets why i hated her because there are so many better romance authors out there and its just too much to say she is one of the best cause nah she isnt. any book lover that claims she is good honestly is lying by saying they love books, idc i hate her as a author, but if your new to reading by all means read her, just know there are so much more she she isnt even the tip of the iceburge, shes a miniscule scape.

love you all tho<3
Reply 87

Yeah if romance gets picked as the genre we get to recommend books for the vote, so it’s pretty open as long as the main genre of it is the romance
Reply 88

I second this! I want to get into reading classics again so some Austen would be fun!

REAL
Original post by Tatakae L
brooooo i'll keep saying this, collen hover is a good way to GET someone onto reading, like my best mate didnt read a day in her life, read it ends with us and started liking reading after that BUTTTTT, AND BELIVE ME THIS IS A BIG BUTTTT, sshe is a crap author, hated her books, horror and my freind has read quite a bit after that and she gets why i hated her because there are so many better romance authors out there and its just too much to say she is one of the best cause nah she isnt. any book lover that claims she is good honestly is lying by saying they love books, idc i hate her as a author, but if your new to reading by all means read her, just know there are so much more she she isnt even the tip of the iceburge, shes a miniscule scape.

love you all tho<3

i cant remember what thread it was exactly or whose it was, but i posted a whole chunky paragraph criticising just ONE of her books🤣
i cant remember what thread it was exactly or whose it was, but i posted a whole chunky paragraph criticising just ONE of her books🤣

imagine doing all of them. lord have mercy but that woman needs a reality check and so does tiktok if they think that is the fortae of books bc girlies it rlly isnt.
Original post by Tatakae L
imagine doing all of them. lord have mercy but that woman needs a reality check and so does tiktok if they think that is the fortae of books bc girlies it rlly isnt.

soo glad someone else thinks this too😂😂
soo glad someone else thinks this too😂😂

please anyone who doesnt will have to fight me on who is the true book expert cause ik for a fact if they think she is good theyre just in a false skin of themseves cause aint no way shes amazing, shes not even great, hell she barely scatches good and even that is a strech
yeah i agree with all of this!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello all, I would like suggestions on what type of genre our February book should be! I hope you are enjoying our January book if you have started reading! If you haven't (like me, cos of mocks i'm so busy :frown:) obvs you still have time, so do not rush!

Leave your genre suggestions below! If somebody has already mentioned the genre(s) you want to recommend, simply like that message (if you can't like, then reply to it) and the most-liked message will be the chosen genre!!

(Then closer to the time [around 16th Feb], I will ask for book suggestions, and then a poll will open where you can vote for our Feb Book of the Month!!)

I will be checking the most-liked post on Friday, so until then - get your genre suggestions in!!

(@Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L @MindMax2000 @AspiringSurvivor @Jacky Pleasant @kayleigh_t.27)

Thanks,
Emmanuella :smile:

BOOK CLUB UPDATE

Hello everyone, it looks like romance is the chosen genre for our February book of the month! Thanks to everyone who left their thoughts and suggestions :smile:! Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying this book of the month! Any questions, feel free to ask ❤️

And if you haven't already done the TSR News Quiz... well then you should!! :biggrin: - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7438081

(@Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L @MindMax2000 @AspiringSurvivor @Jacky Pleasant @kayleigh_t.27 @dbx432 )

Thanks,
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 96
Original post by emm4nuella
BOOK CLUB UPDATE

Hello everyone, it looks like romance is the chosen genre for our February book of the month! Thanks to everyone who left their thoughts and suggestions :smile:! Meanwhile, I hope you are enjoying this book of the month! Any questions, feel free to ask ❤️

And if you haven't already done the TSR News Quiz... well then you should!! :biggrin: - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7438081

(@Chronoscope @Saracen's Fez @Vic Vinegar @ebyrne2036 @doesgraymatter @study23! @user11112234 @amber.07 @squemily16 @marz11 @heartz4moushi @Tatakae L @MindMax2000 @AspiringSurvivor @Jacky Pleasant @kayleigh_t.27)

Thanks,

Can’t wait for suggestion time! Although by the looks of previous comments, maybe colleen hoover shouldn’t be included 😂
Can’t wait for suggestion time! Although by the looks of previous comments, maybe colleen hoover shouldn’t be included 😂

I cant wait either but collen hoover should be automatically a big ban from this book club. she is offically a no go recomendation I think
Alsso i think im cursed, like for my birthdays when people get me books (like my english teacher from secondary and my mates) the only 2 times they got me a bday gift, it was a collen hoover book. granted that might be why i dont get gifts form them cause i was acc so disapointed in them for getting me that book, what even was it, oh hopeless from my freinds and never never from my teacher. like... tbh hopeless wasnt too shabby but it was still ****.
Question for you darling, is this the book we are supposed to be ready cause I can never be to sure with the doggy sites. this link is safe tho dw <3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SxjY-UVEDMHPADNwbLsoUrsnpobkJ4aGyZdh1t8dOpk/edit?usp=sharing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending