The Student Room Group

TSR News Quiz #134 (26th Jan 2024)

Welcome to your TSR Quiz of the Week!

Welcome to the hundred-and-thirty-fourth instalment of the Quiz of the Week series!

Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until next Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

Once again you'll notice the tiebreaker question in place. As usual, this is one where the answer is a number, and if there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer! (And yes, it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from Google as they did the quiz.)

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. Once again we're able to offer a prize of 100 rep, thanks to the Community Staff! We are also continuing to trial further prizes of 50 and 30 rep for second and third place respectively.

Happy quizzing!
(edited 3 months ago)
This week's quiz is now live!

Spoiler

I've added everyone who took part in the 2023 Quiz of the Year to the notification list! Do spread the word to anyone else on TSR who might be interested in playing the news quiz! :awesome:

If you would not like to remain on the list to be notified when the weekly quiz is released, please let me know and I will remove you :smile:
7/10 and wayyyyy off on the tiebreaker
10/10.

Turns out you learn a lot when off all week having nothing to do other than read the news 😂
8/10 and only reason i missed on the tiebreaker was because it wanted million instead of m
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
8/10 and only reason i missed on the tiebreaker was because it wanted million instead of m

The tiebreaker is marked manually if it's needed, don't worry :smile:
(edited 3 months ago)
4/10 and quite far off the tiebreaker 🥲
Original post by Andrew97
10/10.

Turns out you learn a lot when off all week having nothing to do other than read the news 😂

that’s such a good score
Well doneee 🎉
(edited 3 months ago)
:indiff: We import 2 thirds of our cheese :indiff:

That :indiff: is :indiff: a :indiff: disgrace

Also I got 3/10
Original post by 04MR17
:indiff: We import 2 thirds of our cheese :indiff:

That :indiff: is :indiff: a :indiff: disgrace

Also I got 3/10

can't eat cheese, not my problem
Original post by Saracen's Fez
The tiebreaker is marked manually if it's needed, don't worry :smile:

ok, thx
5/10 for me!
6/10 proud of that one !

Original post by flowersinmyhair
can't eat cheese, not my problem

dont eat me plez :emo:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
6/10 proud of that one !

dont eat me plez :emo:

I won't, it will make me ill
The rep competition is closed are here are the scores:

:king1: 1st: @Andrew97 (10/10)
:king2: =2nd: @MysteryyyGirl86, @JT_888 and @SleekOtter (8/10)
5th: @flowersinmyhair (7/10)
=6th: @AspiringSurvivor, @squemily16, @waldektoboleski and @CheeseIsVeg (6/10)
=10th: @PileaP and @CatusStarbright (5/10)
12th: @agent_duck343 (4/10)
=13th: @ROTL94 4 and @04MR17 (3/10)
15th: @gaynor_scraggins (2/10)

Congratulations to Andrew on another news quiz win! :woo: @Pwca, could you please award Andrew his 100 rep prize, and 50 rep each to our three runners-up? :smile:

Thank you all for playing last week's news quiz! :h: Please don't forget to go and play this week's quiz here!

If you're not on the list to be tagged each week when the quiz is released, please also let me know if you'd like to be added :smile:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
The rep competition is closed are here are the scores:

:king1: 1st: @Andrew97 (10/10)
:king2: =2nd: @MysteryyyGirl86, @JT_888 and @SleekOtter (8/10)
5th: @flowersinmyhair (7/10)
=6th: @AspiringSurvivor, @squemily16, @waldektoboleski and @CheeseIsVeg (6/10)
=10th: @PileaP and @CatusStarbright (5/10)
12th: @agent_duck343 (4/10)
=13th: @ROTL94 4 and @04MR17 (3/10)
15th: @gaynor_scraggins (2/10)

Congratulations to Andrew on another news quiz win! :woo: @Pwca, could you please award Andrew his 100 rep prize, and 50 rep each to our three runners-up? :smile:

Thank you all for playing last week's news quiz! :h: Please don't forget to go and play this week's quiz here!

If you're not on the list to be tagged each week when the quiz is released, please also let me know if you'd like to be added :smile:

Done :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Done :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending