The Student Room Group

Switching from university to a journalism apprenticeship!

Hi, I've recently come to the conclusion that university is not for me and I'm actually really unhappy with the whole uni culture/environment - so I've gone for applying for an apprenticeship this September. I want to become a journalist, so I'm currently applying for apprenticeships with the BBC, ITV and Channel 4. I'm hoping to be accepted to be a BBC apprentice in London for prospects and commuting reasons, but I've also gone for applying to work in BBC Norwich and Tunbridge Wells since they are all in enough distance for me to commute. I'm just looking for anyone that can give an insight into this, give me advice for the interview or give me an honest answer about if I will be given these places or not. I have quite thorough writing experience, as I have my own online blog, and have included most of this in my applications. So what does anyone know about the BBC/ITV/Channel 4 apprenticeship scheme? Is it difficult to get into? I'd love to hear from someone who's done something similar to what I'm applying for. Thanks!
I don't know this industry but wish you every success in this your new endeavours. I think with your journalism and blogging skills you'll beable to locate BBC apprenticeship video they may give you further insight.

That's if you have not done this already.

All the best...:smile:
Hi, I'm actually a current BBC apprentice stationed in London doing production (but have friends in journalism). I just came on student room to check out the applicants for this year - I was frequent on the main thread last year! Feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Original post by abisophiaella
Hi, I'm actually a current BBC apprentice stationed in London doing production (but have friends in journalism). I just came on student room to check out the applicants for this year - I was frequent on the main thread last year! Feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

hi! first of all, how are you finding it? easy or difficult or a bit in-between? I know it's nothing like an academic degree, but what do you learn while on the job, and how much work do you have to do at home? and thanks for replying to my post! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by abisophiaella

Typical BBC, never does what they say they are going to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending