The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE grade- 2024 UCAS

How likely is it that i'd get into LSE with a course AAA while being predicted AAA and gcses at 99998888765?
Original post by cameronaustin
How likely is it that i'd get into LSE with a course AAA while being predicted AAA and gcses at 99998888765?

you have majority 9s and 8s which is what they want so i think you have a very good chance depending on what the 6 and 5 was in because they may have specific subject requirements. good luck those are some great grades!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
you have majority 9s and 8s which is what they want so i think you have a very good chance depending on what the 6 and 5 was in because they may have specific subject requirements. good luck those are some great grades!

They don't have a 'very good chance' you are lying, even someone with 3A* applying to LSE still doesn't have a very good chance since its so competitive.
Original post by Anonymous #2
They don't have a 'very good chance' you are lying, even someone with 3A* applying to LSE still doesn't have a very good chance since its so competitive.

yeah i don't think any of us are as naive as you think we are. ofc we know LSE is competitive, its one of the best unis in the country. Based on their grades, they do have a good chance along with other factors like their personal statement. im not saying that they are highly likely to get in, im saying they have quite a good chance purely because of their grades, so don't be patronising. LSE is highly focused on the personal statement and this is the factor that most people get rejected for. My brother goes to LSE for Mathematics and he just met the entry requirements, got similar GCSES to the original commenter and clearly had a great personal statement!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
yeah i don't think any of us are as naive as you think we are. ofc we know LSE is competitive, its one of the best unis in the country. Based on their grades, they do have a good chance along with other factors like their personal statement. im not saying that they are highly likely to get in, im saying they have quite a good chance purely because of their grades, so don't be patronising. LSE is highly focused on the personal statement and this is the factor that most people get rejected for. My brother goes to LSE for Mathematics and he just met the entry requirements, got similar GCSES to the original commenter and clearly had a great personal statement!

Thank you so much for your help!

thats so similar to me lol! which course - mine is History and Politics. I think you do - after achieving those, it all comes down to personal statement.
Original post by Adrija Zaman
thats so similar to me lol! which course - mine is History and Politics. I think you do - after achieving those, it all comes down to personal statement.

lol I’m so scared. waiting is gonna kill me

Might depend which course, but assuming you meet A-level subject requirements and GCSE minimum grade requirements for Maths and English language, I suspect your academics will mean you'll at least be considered. Some courses may be more competitive than others, even with "lower" entry criteria though (e.g. anthropology and law is AAA but among the more competitive courses there).

I’ve applied for 2 courses in LSE (social anthropology & anthropology and law) and 2 in UCL ( social anthropology & global humanitarian studies)
would it be a risk to put my 5th choice as KCL (social sciences)?
Should I put queen Mary’s (global development) instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending