The Student Room Group

School Advice - A levels

I am in year 11 and have so many decisions to make. To start off with, I really want a successful future + so do my parents. However, I have to pick a-levels but i have no idea what to pick. I am planning on picking 'solid' subjects
either:
- maths
- biology
- chemistry
- physics
- geography
- law
however i don't know what i want to be. none of these subjects particularly draw me in. there is always a negative despite the positives. i am aware that what i pick now will be a big factor in my future. any advise on what i should pick to keep as many options open as possible. i don't know!

additionally, i can either stay at my school 6 form or go to a private school. obviously i have my friends at my school who will go to the 6 form but a lot of people in my year i also don't like. I don't know what it would be like at the private school as they are very good academically and achieve good grades? Advice?

thank you for reading this
Original post by jedladskcdvcbg
I am in year 11 and have so many decisions to make. To start off with, I really want a successful future + so do my parents. However, I have to pick a-levels but i have no idea what to pick. I am planning on picking 'solid' subjects
either:
- maths
- biology
- chemistry
- physics
- geography
- law
however i don't know what i want to be. none of these subjects particularly draw me in. there is always a negative despite the positives. i am aware that what i pick now will be a big factor in my future. any advise on what i should pick to keep as many options open as possible. i don't know!

additionally, i can either stay at my school 6 form or go to a private school. obviously i have my friends at my school who will go to the 6 form but a lot of people in my year i also don't like. I don't know what it would be like at the private school as they are very good academically and achieve good grades? Advice?

for keeping your options open biology, chemistry and maths are pretty solid a levels to do imo but they can be pretty hard at a level though
Reply 2
Original post by jedladskcdvcbg
either:
- maths
- biology
- chemistry
- physics
- geography
- law

maths is definitely a good one to take if you want to keep your options open, and at least one science would probably be good too.

Quick Reply

Latest