The Student Room Group

Bank Of england degree apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CurryCurry2468
who told u this and when u say they've taken 2 what do you mean? 2 put forward for the AC or are u talking about last years cohort? and is this the degree apprentice program or the level 4 program?

They gave 2 people offers for the level 4 data analyst role , and they gave a combined of 20 offers altogether throughout all apprenticeships
Original post by Msjeidndn
They gave 2 people offers for the level 4 data analyst role , and they gave a combined of 20 offers altogether throughout all apprenticeships

makes a lot more sense now. yes the level 4 roles only get 2 or 3 people accepted. the rest of the roles are filled by degree apprentice applicants and yes altogether last years cohort was around 20 people that joined
Reply 62
Original post by CurryCurry2468
not correct, I am on my placement year at the bank and one of the apprentices on my team did say for their cohort there was around 20 of them and per division the number ranged. Out of the 20 there was like 10 on the economist stream, then like 5 digital and tech and then 3 or 4 data science. It is really competitive but as long as you tick all the boxes and do well in AC & interview you will get an offer.

Do you think they will expand the numbers this year or keep them the same. I applied for tech and am on the final stage ac. I don’t like my chances with 5 places
Original post by akp5467
Do you think they will expand the numbers this year or keep them the same. I applied for tech and am on the final stage ac. I don’t like my chances with 5 places

I'd imagine numbers will be kept the same, the economist stream is the most popular followed by digital & tech and then data science. As long as you do well in the assessment centre & final interview, you will be fine
Reply 64
Who applied for the professional accounting one
Reply 65
Is there anyone still waiting on a reply for the technology apprenticeship after the video interview?
Reply 66
Original post by Jxshxn039
Is there anyone still waiting on a reply for the technology apprenticeship after the video interview?

I still haven’t heard back
Reply 67
Original post by nuraaaa
I still haven’t heard back

Yh im still waiting too. I heard people are getting to the AC stage now
Reply 68
Yh im still waiting too. I heard people are getting to the AC stage now

how did you find the interview? i don’t think mine went well tbh
Reply 69
Original post by nuraaaa
how did you find the interview? i don’t think mine went well tbh

I thought I did good in the first 2 questions then it kind of just went downhill. Have you applied for other apprenticeships?
Reply 70
I thought I did good in the first 2 questions then it kind of just went downhill. Have you applied for other apprenticeships?

I’ve applied to a few other IT apprenticeships but can’t seem to pass the virtual interview stage - I find it difficult to navigate :/
Wbu?
Reply 71
Original post by nuraaaa
I’ve applied to a few other IT apprenticeships but can’t seem to pass the virtual interview stage - I find it difficult to navigate :/
Wbu?

I've been applying to a few but most apprenticeships seem to be closing now. For the video interview stage I think as you do more you get better at them. My first few video interviews were horrible.
Hi guys. My name is Cenk and I have started a group chat on instagram called Apprentagram. I plan to add as much people as I can and we will be talking about any degree apprenticeships you have applied to. It is also a chance to meet new people. I am also planning to host a network event and launch a business from there. My insta is @cenkmustafa279. DM me if interested.
Reply 73

Yeah im still waiting
Reply 74
Original post by DarkKnights22
I just got invited to the assessment centre for technology. Anybody else got this?

What date is yours?
Reply 75
Ive got my Economist AC on Friday, has any one else here got it?
Original post by kz_dfg23
What date is yours?
Mine is 12th March but I don't know if I'm going ahead with it yet
Reply 77
Why not, if you dont mind me asking? I got my main uni offer but i think this is a good backup, no?

Same I have the digital and technology solutions one on the 12th but idk if I want to do it
Original post by harrietstyles
Same I have the digital and technology solutions one on the 12th but idk if I want to do it
Hi, I am at the bank of england on my placement year and have worked with some of the apprentices in the tech division (I am also in tech) and they have said it's great. They are with uni of exeter for the study side of things and it's a supportive environment imo. Assessment centre is not that bad either tbh, I think we all have the same process, it's a scenario and pitch a solution type thing. I would go for it so at least you have a backup if you don't want to go uni.

as long as you research the bank and have a general understanding of what you do and are able to communicate your motivations for applying clearly, you will get an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending