The Student Room Group

Any questions about degree apprenticeships? Ask here.

Hi all,

As of September 2023, I will be studying Computer Science as part of my degree apprenticeship program, providing I achieve the required grades. If anyone has any questions about the process of finding, applying, or choosing degree apprenticeships (DAs) then I would be happy to help. As starter here are some things I found out.

- Gradcracker.com is a great place to find STEM DAs
- Start searching as early as you can, I'd recommend early Y13 for those in England
- Create spreadsheets to compare offers and track your applications
- Apply to any you feel you are interested in; they are very competitive

Goodluck!

p.s. I don't use TSR that much but I shall endevour to get back to people as soon as I remember :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by olliegroth
Hi all,

I don't use TSR that much but I shall endevour to get back to people as soon as I remember. As of September 2023, I will be studying Computer Science as part of my degree apprenticeship program, providing I achieve the required grades. If anyone has any questions about the process of finding, applying, or choosing degree apprenticeships (DAs) then I would be happy to help. As starter here are some things I found out.

- gradcracker is a great place to find STEM DAs
- Start searching as early as you can, early Y13 for those in England
- Apply to any you feel you are interested in, they are very competitive

Goodluck!

Hi, congratulations on your offer! which company are you doing the degree apprenticeship for?
Reply 2
Hi all,

I don't use TSR that much but I shall endevour to get back to people as soon as I remember. As of September 2023, I will be studying Computer Science as part of my degree apprenticeship program, providing I achieve the required grades. If anyone has any questions about the process of finding, applying, or choosing degree apprenticeships (DAs) then I would be happy to help. As starter here are some things I found out.

- gradcracker is a great place to find STEM DAs
- Start searching as early as you can, early Y13 for those in England
- Apply to any you feel you are interested in, they are very competitive

Goodluck!

Hi,
Congrats on your offer. How would you recommend researching a role if the company's website does not provide much information?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by meymey:)
Hi, congratulations on your offer! which company are you doing the degree apprenticeship for?

My offer is for Airbus, more specifically doing a digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Raed.S
Hi,
Congrats on your offer. How would you recommend researching a role if the company's website does not provide much information?

Wow what a great question. If the website doesn't provide much of an insight, then you can search generally across the web to see if any other companies have information on the same or a similar role. Failing that, maybe you could reach out to recruiters or someone already working that role, either through email or a site like linkedin? Can I ask what role you might be curious about?
Reply 5
Wow what a great question. If the website doesn't provide much of an insight, then you can search generally across the web to see if any other companies have information on the same or a similar role. Failing that, maybe you could reach out to recruiters or someone already working that role, either through email or a site like linkedin? Can I ask what role you might be curious about?

Thanks, that's a really good idea. I'm looking at a construction management L4 apprenticeship, have a final interview coming up so focusing more on the role.
My offer is for Airbus, more specifically doing a digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship :smile:

That’s great I’m going to be doing a digital and IT solutions degree apprenticeship as well. Good luck!
Reply 7
That’s great I’m going to be doing a digital and IT solutions degree apprenticeship as well. Good luck!

Awesome, is this for a start in this September too or for 2024?
Reply 8
Original post by Raed.S
Thanks, that's a really good idea. I'm looking at a construction management L4 apprenticeship, have a final interview coming up so focusing more on the role.

Goodluck for your interview, if you have any questions about that then I may be able to help too but it will most likley just be information you can find online anyway. Construction management sounds very interesting, let me know how you do, I'd love to hear back :smile:
Awesome, is this for a start in this September too or for 2024?

This September as well!
This September as well!

That's amazing, goodluck to you! What company are you going to be working for?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11

hey, thats the same as my offer, think we might be working together :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by chenzyeng
hey, thats the same as my offer, think we might be working together :smile:

No way, where is the job offer located?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending