The Student Room Group

Accommodation Concerns at Oxford

Having received an offer from Oxford I’m honestly over the moon, but I do have worries about accommodation as I have a strong preference for my accommodation to be single sex (due to religious reasons). I’ve looked all over the internet but I can’t find any info on this. I understand entire accommodation buildings can’t be single sex, but is there the option at the different colleges to be accommodated on single sex corridors/ flats?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Having received an offer from Oxford I’m honestly over the moon, but I do have worries about accommodation as I have a strong preference for my accommodation to be single sex (due to religious reasons). I’ve looked all over the internet but I can’t find any info on this. I understand entire accommodation buildings can’t be single sex, but is there the option at the different colleges to be accommodated on single sex corridors/ flats?

I don’t know for sure but from a couple of college websites it seems to say that corridors and staircases are mixed. Oxford doesn’t have any single sex colleges anymore so that may be why but the bathroom facilities seem to be individual so I don’t know if that helps you
Original post by Anonymous #1

Congratulations!!! 😉 Which degree subject?

Sadly, only Cambridge has a women's college Newnham College which is women only.

Oxford is now fully mixed for college accommodation.
Murray Edwards at Cambridge is also a women's college at Cambridge.

I believe though that the rooms are individual anyway though at Oxford?

@The_Lonely_Goatherd might have some idea if there are single sex staircases or similar.
I'm afraid I don't think there can be any guarantees of single-sex flats/corridors, to my knowledge. If your college sends you a form to fill in about accommodation, you could mention it as a polite request, but I think that's the best you can hope for, unfortunately!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm afraid I don't think there can be any guarantees of single-sex flats/corridors, to my knowledge. If your college sends you a form to fill in about accommodation, you could mention it as a polite request, but I think that's the best you can hope for, unfortunately!

PRSOM! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending