The Student Room Group

Northampton Midwifery

Hello, just exploring the website so hope I'm in the right place!
Currently doing my access course and have my first university interview on Wednesday with Northampton. I'm so nervous and have no clue on where to start to prepare! Have finished the task and sent it off, now just want to make sure I'm ready. For those already had interviews, what would you say is essential I research in order to prepare? Obviously the 6 C's (although i seem to only be able to make 4 of them stick in my mind lol, I'm getting there). Other than that though? This is my first choice Uni, and the only one I've heard back from.
Thanks and good luck to everyone applying and doing their interviews :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by chels36uk
Hello, just exploring the website so hope I'm in the right place!
Currently doing my access course and have my first university interview on Wednesday with Northampton. I'm so nervous and have no clue on where to start to prepare! Have finished the task and sent it off, now just want to make sure I'm ready. For those already had interviews, what would you say is essential I research in order to prepare? Obviously the 6 C's (although i seem to only be able to make 4 of them stick in my mind lol, I'm getting there). Other than that though? This is my first choice Uni, and the only one I've heard back from.
Thanks and good luck to everyone applying and doing their interviews :smile:

Bit late for asking for any kind of advice as you need lots of time to prepare for a midwifery interview.

Yes stick to the 6 C's of nursing
Think about reading the NMC code of practice
NHS core values
Why you want to be a midwife
Why have you chosen this particular university to study at

How would you cope with stress while you are on your shift if you feel that you are stressed 😥😥
How will you cope with a bereavement while you are on shift and be professional still as a midwife ( this is something you will come over at some point as a student and also as a qualified midwife).
How would you handle a situation with a angry partner

Hopefully everything went well with the interview as you would have had by now.

NHS registered midwife
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Bit late for asking for any kind of advice as you need lots of time to prepare for a midwifery interview.

Yes stick to the 6 C's of nursing
Think about reading the NMC code of practice
NHS core values
Why you want to be a midwife
Why have you chosen this particular university to study at

How would you cope with stress while you are on your shift if you feel that you are stressed 😥😥
How will you cope with a bereavement while you are on shift and be professional still as a midwife ( this is something you will come over at some point as a student and also as a qualified midwife).
How would you handle a situation with a angry partner

Hopefully everything went well with the interview as you would have had by now.

NHS registered midwife

She probably meant next Wednesday not today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending