The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Can I get into University of Birmingham with slightly lower grades?

Hi.

I did my A - Levels last year and I got an AAB. I would like to study at the University of Birmingham for Computer Science. Their grade requirements are AAA*/AAA. Is it worth me applying to their course at all?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi.

I did my A - Levels last year and I got an AAB. I would like to study at the University of Birmingham for Computer Science. Their grade requirements are AAA*/AAA. Is it worth me applying to their course at all?

BTW I used the offer calculator and it stated 'tentative'.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Anonymous
Hi.

Are you a contextual candidate? If not, they're asking for A*AA.

So your AAB grades are two grades below what they're asking for. That makes an offer very unlikely, I'd say.
Original post by DataVenia
Are you a contextual candidate? If not, they're asking for A*AA.

So your AAB grades are two grades below what they're asking for. That makes an offer very unlikely, I'd say.

I am already in University, but for family reasons I would like to be closer to my family, which is why I am applying to uni of birmingham.

I would most likely be a contextual candidate as my area is deemed as underprivileged by most unis, but would me already being in uni affect the eligibility?
Original post by abidabi1034
I am already in University, but for family reasons I would like to be closer to my family, which is why I am applying to uni of birmingham.

I would most likely be a contextual candidate as my area is deemed as underprivileged by most unis, but would me already being in uni affect the eligibility?

If you have AAB, but they're looking for AAA (assuming you're treated as a contextual candidate) then you might be offered a place. But we are talking about Computer Science, which is competitive pretty much everywhere.

I guess you could almost say that your chances are "tentative", which is their offer calculator used. :wink:

It very much worth a shot though, especially if you're particularly keen to go there. Do make sure you include some other options which are less risky too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending