The Student Room Group

Mean Lab Attendant At Uni

So I’m a Uni student doing engineering and we have a lab session every week with the same couple of attendants.
However this is this one guy that is extremely rude and affecting my ability to perform well. All are examples of what has happened in one day
- We were dealing with Logic gates and I make a stupid mistake on one of the questions, the attendant goes “That is really shocking you don’t know that at this stage throughout your course”
- We were working alone however we were told that we can help each other out if we ever got stuck, so I asked a friend of mine about a question and he was just jotting something on my worksheet, the attendant guy rushes over and asks me “Ohh so you’ve got someone to work for you! I’d love it if I can hire staff to do my work as well”
- He randomly came up a few minutes later and goes “You should’ve been on that section about an hour ago”
- Then walks about 2 metres, turns back around, comes back to me and goes “So you haven’t done anything else since I’ve left? Honestly you might as well just go to sleep for the duration of the lab session at this point”
And other comments which affects my confidence.
I don’t even know if complaining to the department is going to do anything😭 Probably not, like I don’t want him to know that I was complaining about him.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I’m a Uni student doing engineering and we have a lab session every week with the same couple of attendants.
However this is this one guy that is extremely rude and affecting my ability to perform well. All are examples of what has happened in one day
- We were dealing with Logic gates and I make a stupid mistake on one of the questions, the attendant goes “That is really shocking you don’t know that at this stage throughout your course”
- We were working alone however we were told that we can help each other out if we ever got stuck, so I asked a friend of mine about a question and he was just jotting something on my worksheet, the attendant guy rushes over and asks me “Ohh so you’ve got someone to work for you! I’d love it if I can hire staff to do my work as well”
- He randomly came up a few minutes later and goes “You should’ve been on that section about an hour ago”
- Then walks about 2 metres, turns back around, comes back to me and goes “So you haven’t done anything else since I’ve left? Honestly you might as well just go to sleep for the duration of the lab session at this point”
And other comments which affects my confidence.
I don’t even know if complaining to the department is going to do anything😭 Probably not, like I don’t want him to know that I was complaining about him.

Just ignore and don't let it get to you. You are there to learn and you can't know something if you don't know it. Or you could complain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending