The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

nat sci at uni of leeds

Might apply to Leeds to do natural sciences next year, what is the course like? Only I've heard at other places it can be a bit muddled together as you're mostly attending single-science students lectures so it doesn't really fit together well. Anyone studying nat sci at leeds (or anywhere else) have an opinion on this??
Original post by georgiehy
Might apply to Leeds to do natural sciences next year, what is the course like? Only I've heard at other places it can be a bit muddled together as you're mostly attending single-science students lectures so it doesn't really fit together well. Anyone studying nat sci at leeds (or anywhere else) have an opinion on this??

Looking for answers aswell!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by georgiehy

Hey

I'm Oliver and currently a 4th year natural sciences student at Lancaster.
I can't speak for Leeds but at Lancaster we also attend lectures with single honours students so I thought I'd share my experience.
It definitely has it's pros and cons and isn't for everyone but I have personally loved the experience. The main benefit I find with it is simply the fact that you get to meet so many different people and can make friends and learn from expert academics across two or three different departments!
The timetabling can sometimes be a bit tricky however, at Lancaster we have an automatic timetabling algorithm that ensures that there is never any lab-lab clashes and minimal lecture clashes in order to help you make the most of your time. The main difficulty I have experienced is having coursework from different departments due around the same time but I have always found lecturers to be very understanding and willing to provide help and advice when this happens.

I hope this is helpful and if you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them :smile:

Oliver (student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest