Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Should I go to Exeter or Bristol.

Which is better, Bristol or Exeter?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Which is better, Bristol or Exeter?

Hi there,

It's great to hear you are considering the University of Exeter! Have you already applied? If so, what course?

When making my decision, there were a few factors I personally found really helpful to consider!
First, it might be useful to look at the course you are considering in more detail. There might be some variation in the modules on offer, assessment types, placement opportunities, contact hours, etc. You might find that one course is better suited to you than the other. I will add here that I have found the teaching quality to be excellent here at Exeter. The staff are also really friendly and always on hand to help with any problems and concerns!

Outside of academics, it might be helpful to take a look at the clubs and societies on offer. Engaging with the student community can be a really important aspect of university life. Here at Exeter we have over 300 societies that offer a great opportunity to meet new people, develop interests, and take up new hobbies. Again, societies and extra curriculars may vary, so this might help with your decision!

It might also be worth considering the kind of area you want to live. Personally, I think Exeter has the perfect mix between campus and city life. Everything is really close together on campus and easy to access, it's lovely to walk around with all the green space on offer. In town, there are plenty of pubs, restaurants, bars and clubs to choose from - enough to keep you occupied during your time here! It's also about a 20 minute train ride to the beach, which is ideal in the hotter months! These are the sorts of factors you may want to take into account when making your decision!

Personally, I have really enjoyed my time at Exeter and would recommend it to anyone considering university! Both the staff and student community are really welcoming and friendly, and I've had loads of access to different opportunities during my time here! The Careers Team have been particularly useful - on hand to help with everything from CV writing and interview practice to finding placement/job opportunities after you graduate!

I hope this has helped in some way. Feel free to get in touch with any questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Thank you for your help! I currently have a place at Bristol for Ancient History and a place at Exeter for Finance and Investment Banking. I think I’d prefer the Exeter course but was unsure about the city.
Your comments and tips have been really helpful and I feel like I’m leaning more towards Exeter now.
Thank you so much.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you for your help! I currently have a place at Bristol for Ancient History and a place at Exeter for Finance and Investment Banking. I think I’d prefer the Exeter course but was unsure about the city.
Your comments and tips have been really helpful and I feel like I’m leaning more towards Exeter now.
Thank you so much.

That's really great to hear! I would definitely recommend attending one of our offer holder days if you are able, as this will give you a real sense of life here in Exeter!

Again, please feel free to get in touch with any further questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending