The Student Room Group

Can I accept Master offers from multiple universities?

Hi, I've currently received offers for two different universities for masters study. However, I cannot decide on whether I want to go to one or the other. However, one of them has a deadline coming up for accommodation which I don't want to miss. Could I accept both offers from both institutions and just withdraw from which ever one I don't want to go to in may-June?
Reply 1
Hi,
I was in a similar position and had to accept two offers. Bear in mind that the university will ask you to pay a deposit while securing your offer (mine was £150 for each uni). This deposit is not refundable unless you cancel in 14 days. But please do check the conditions of your university as they may vary.
Long story short, I lost £150 - so I would suggest checking the terms and conditions, and think whether paying this deposit (and risk losing it) is worth it 🙂
Original post by Hdjen
Hi, I've currently received offers for two different universities for masters study. However, I cannot decide on whether I want to go to one or the other. However, one of them has a deadline coming up for accommodation which I don't want to miss. Could I accept both offers from both institutions and just withdraw from which ever one I don't want to go to in may-June?

Hi,
Universities will usually include a section within your offer letter that lets you know how many days you have as a 'grace period' where you can withdraw without having to pay.
I would suggest having a look at accommodations for both and possibly chatting to the universities themselves to ask them when is the latest you can apply for accommodation.
Ultimately it's probably better to make a decision as soon as you can.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.
Yes, you can accept multiple Masters offers.

As above, the only limiting factor is likely to be be offer and accommodation deposits which are likely to have conflicting deadline and refund dates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending