The Student Room Group

Crazy new colour scheme -

The new TSR colour scheme is all a bit - well - intense

Wouldn't it be better to change the back ground colours of the threads and conversations according to their age? I don't know what it is about the new purple layout but I have been caught out a few times recently nearly responding to threads a year old or more.

If the 'too old to respond' TSR time limit had been reached or a thread was 'closed' it might be better to have a different colour easy to spot background on those threads to indicate the obsolete but archived comments? - At the moment it is small minuscule type in the top right hand corner on the posting to indicate the time elapsed from when the post was made? 'Related' discussions at the bottom of the page encourage reading and comment but often these posts are often anywhere from 1 year to 6 plus years old. It might save a lot of 'reporting' time too.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Muttly
The new TSR colour scheme is all a bit - well - intense

Wouldn't it be better to change the back ground colours of the threads and conversations according to their age? I don't know what it is about the new purple layout but I have been caught out a few times recently nearly responding to threads a year old or more.

If the 'too old to respond' TSR time limit had been reached or a thread was 'closed' it might be better to have a different colour easy to spot background on those threads to indicate the obsolete but archived comments? - At the moment it is small minuscule type in the top right hand corner on the posting to indicate the time elapsed from when the post was made? 'Related' discussions at the bottom of the page encourage reading and comment but often these posts are often anywhere from 1 year to 6 plus years old. It might save a lot of 'reporting' time too.

Is this on the app?

Edit: nevermind you’re referring to the website, there is indication to tell you whether a thread is closed on not on the website.

But I can agree with this suggestion.
(edited 3 months ago)
@RainbowLapras as this one seems to have been missed
Original post by Talkative Toad
@RainbowLapras as this one seems to have been missed
Thanks, you're right this does seem to have been missed. I'll pass the feedback about the related articles on to the product and design teams. There has been a change to the way that closed threads are displayed since the post was made and it should be clearer they aren't active any more but feedback on that change is welcome too 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending