The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isobel l

I have had offers from Uni of Nottingham and Uni of Sheffield, currently waiting to hear from York and KCL. So fingers crossed

Hi so I emailed them and this is what they said

‘Thank you for your email regarding Law applications.

As we held Law applications until the UCAS deadline for equal consideration (31st January 2024) we are currently in the process of making our decisions.

Due to the high number of applications we received we are working through them as quickly as possible but unfortunately cannot provide an exact timescale.’

Hope this helps :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Original post by University of York
Not yet, the department are still processing all the applications and will send out offers when they're done 🙂
Do you know whether York's finished sending out offers yet for Law? I thought I had a fairly strong application since I'm predicted two A*s and and A with five 9s at GCSE and have an offer from Durham but still haven't heard anything from Durham. Just getting slightly worried as I really loved York and it's only an hour from home for me ! :smile:
Original post by wailan
Do you know whether York's finished sending out offers yet for Law? I thought I had a fairly strong application since I'm predicted two A*s and and A with five 9s at GCSE and have an offer from Durham but still haven't heard anything from Durham. Just getting slightly worried as I really loved York and it's only an hour from home for me ! :smile:
Hi! I believe the department are still sending out offers so I hope you hear back soon!
Has anyone else just received the invite for self-assessment? How long does it usually take after the questionnaire to hear if you get an offer?
Reply 44
Hi! I believe the department are still sending out offers so I hope you hear back soon!
thank you so much !! have a blessed week
Hey,
I received an email from York just over a week ago asking for additional information-the deadline to submit this was the 26th Feb, so I submitted that but I haven't heard anything back.I know it's only been 2 days but given how everyone around me has already received their offer for Law, and i haven't received the email for the self assessement have i most likely been rejected? My offer would have definitely been that of a contextual one (a lot of extenuating circumstances for both my GCSE'S and A-Levels) and i've been told all contextual offers for this subject have unfortunately already been given out-Any help would be much appreciated as i'm driving myself crazy as i'm so set on studying at York.
Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #9
Hey,
I received an email from York just over a week ago asking for additional information-the deadline to submit this was the 26th Feb, so I submitted that but I haven't heard anything back.I know it's only been 2 days but given how everyone around me has already received their offer for Law, and i haven't received the email for the self assessement have i most likely been rejected? My offer would have definitely been that of a contextual one (a lot of extenuating circumstances for both my GCSE'S and A-Levels) and i've been told all contextual offers for this subject have unfortunately already been given out-Any help would be much appreciated as i'm driving myself crazy as i'm so set on studying at York.
Thank you!
I'm eligible for access to York, as well as the contextual scheme, and I've still received nothing more than radio silence so far. However, I don't think we should worry too much about someone claiming all the contextual offers have been given out, because if they had surely everyone else eligible would have been auto rejected?
Although perhaps that's not how it works,I must admit I don't know a great deal about this whole admissions process.
Original post by Anonymous #8
Has anyone else just received the invite for self-assessment? How long does it usually take after the questionnaire to hear if you get an offer?
My son got his self assessment email yesterday, he returned it last night and this afternoon he had his offer . Hopefully you’ll hear soon 😊
Original post by Uni mum 2024
My son got his self assessment email yesterday, he returned it last night and this afternoon he had his offer . Hopefully you’ll hear soon 😊
Thankyou so much for replying, you don’t have to answer of course but is he contextual or non contextual?congratulations on his offer,I’m praying I hear something soon!:smile:
Original post by Anonymous #9
Thankyou so much for replying, you don’t have to answer of course but is he contextual or non contextual?congratulations on his offer,I’m praying I hear something soon!:smile:
It’s a contextual offer , from reading other threads etc they are working their way through the applications and offers can be made through March & April . I must admit I was surprised offers were made through until April from universities, my son is still waiting to hear from 2 other uni’s
Original post by Uni mum 2024
It’s a contextual offer , from reading other threads etc they are working their way through the applications and offers can be made through March & April . I must admit I was surprised offers were made through until April from universities, my son is still waiting to hear from 2 other uni’s
Ah okay, fingers crossed there's still hope for me then haha.Thankyou for replying!:smile:

Hi,

I've checked with the department and this was their response:

"Generally, applicants who are not invited to complete the Self-Assessment will unfortunately not be receiving an offer."

How about international students? I’ve gotten a conditional offer last week and was told to upload my language certificates which I did, but I haven’t heard back. Does that mean I won’t be receiving an unconditional offer since I haven’t been asked to do a self assessment?
Those home non-contextuals that have offers are they AAA please?
Original post by superfluous-hulk
How about international students? I’ve gotten a conditional offer last week and was told to upload my language certificates which I did, but I haven’t heard back. Does that mean I won’t be receiving an unconditional offer since I haven’t been asked to do a self assessment?
Hi,

I'd suggest contacting the department at [email protected] to double check. It's probably that they are still processing your documents as they are super busy 🙂
since I haven’t been sent a self assessment yet should I assume ive been rejected? to be fair, due to personal circumstances i submitted my ucas in late december, but i think since they’re sending offers now i should assume im rejected?
Original post by Anonymous #11
since I haven’t been sent a self assessment yet should I assume ive been rejected? to be fair, due to personal circumstances i submitted my ucas in late december, but i think since they’re sending offers now i should assume im rejected?
I haven't heard anything yet either
I haven't heard anything yet either
Don't think they're done with them yet, I'm eligible for Access to York and a contextual and all I've heard is radio silence so far 😅

Hopefully they're just working their way through them and maybe waiting for the crazy academically strong candidates with straight nines/A*s to decide where to firm and insure before they hand out the next batch of offers.

Or maybe I'm on complete cope and the York dream is over haha
Original post by Anonymous #6
Don't think they're done with them yet, I'm eligible for Access to York and a contextual and all I've heard is radio silence so far 😅

Hopefully they're just working their way through them and maybe waiting for the crazy academically strong candidates with straight nines/A*s to decide where to firm and insure before they hand out the next batch of offers.

I’ve got 3A* one in Epq and and A predicted I’m scared now ahaha
Original post by Anonymous #6

I’ve got 3A* one in Epq and and A predicted I’m scared now ahaha

i alr have my a levels but only got A*AB so had to decline my Cambridge offer :frown: because of extenuating circumstances during a levels - York is my fave atm so rlly hoping to hear something
I received an offer for law at York on the 10/02/24 I’m a non contextual at home student and sent my application off in January if that helps anyone

Quick Reply

Latest