The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #12
I received an offer for law at York on the 10/02/24 I’m a non contextual at home student and sent my application off in January if that helps anyone
Do you mind sharing what your predicted grades are and the offer was?
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #13
Do you mind sharing what your predicted grades are and the offer was?
I have already achieved my grades A*AA in historypolitics and sociology. So I’m not sure what the offerwould have been but I would think from the websitethe standard offer will be AAA. Hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous #12
I received an offer for law at York on the 10/02/24 I’m a non contextual at home student and sent my application off in January if that helps anyone
Aghh okay, when did you get sent the self assessment? I am getting scared as I am home, non-contextual and sent my application off in October and still waiting and my predicted grades are over the requirement.
Original post by isobel l
Aghh okay, when did you get sent the self assessment? I am getting scared as I am home, non-contextual and sent my application off in October and still waiting and my predicted grades are over the requirement.
If it helps - I'm in the exact same situation as you!
Reply 64
Hi, has anyone completed the self assessment questions given?
Original post by uzaifa
Hi, has anyone completed the self assessment questions given?
When did you get it, I haven’t received it yet
Reply 66
Original post by Uni mum 2024
My son got his self assessment email yesterday, he returned it last night and this afternoon he had his offer . Hopefully you’ll hear soon 😊
Congrats! Is he a home or international student?
Original post by University of York
Whether you're an applicant, offer holder, or are just considering studying Law at York - we're here to answer your questions and offer guidance on what to expect when studying at York Law School.

First things first: what would you like to know about studying law at York? :smile:
Are there any group chats for people doing law next year?
Original post by EmG55
He’s a home student, he’s got the law offer holders day on 16 March so he’s really looking forward to that too.
Original post by Anonymous #14
Are there any group chats for people doing law next year?
Hello,

We do have an official offer holders thread but if you prefer to keep on a law thread you're welcome keep posting here. Any questions welcome :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by panda.txt
If it helps - I'm in the exact same situation as you!
I'm also in the same situation!! haha very stressful times
Original post by wailan
I'm also in the same situation!! haha very stressful times
Me too. York is my favourite, anxiously waiting to see if I get an offer . Applied October
Original post by siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
This is going to come across as excessively salty, so I hope you'll forgive me, but what's the point of widening access schemes such as Access to York when you're going to get rejected anyway?
I feel the same just got rejected from York all A*, As and Bs at GCSE, predicted A*AAB and qualify for their contextual offer but got rejected.
Reply 73
Original post by Anonymous #15
I feel the same just got rejected from York all A*, As and Bs at GCSE, predicted A*AAB and qualify for their contextual offer but got rejected.
literally same applied with AAA I have basically all A* and As at GCSE, and I got rejected yesterday. I think theres a lot of us in the same boat
Original post by EmG55
Home student
I'm a home non-contextual student still waiting to here. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes I am too.
Original post by isobel l
I'm a home non-contextual student still waiting to here. Anyone else in the same boat?
why is there so many British student that are rejected but so many international that are accepted ??? do they have some sort of quota to meet ?? if I knew I would've applied as international.
argh ridiculous. At this point being international is an advantage more than anything.
Original post by Anonymous #15
Hi Anonymous#15 and @siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,

I'd suggest that you email [email protected] for further information with your UCAS ID and they will be able to give you some more information.

Quick Reply

Latest