The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 4 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TSR has a “university Connect” feature which is quite cool, you can see who else is applying to the same thing

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/university_of_york
University of York
York
Reply 2
Hi!!! I got an offer for History/Politics (Equal) with a contextual offer of ABB. :smile:)
Original post by Dynasm
Hi!!! I got an offer for History/Politics (Equal) with a contextual offer of ABB. :smile:)

Hi! Congrats on your offer! If you have any questions about York, drop us a message 🙂
Reply 4
Hi, I just received a contextual offer for the 3-year BSc Actuarial Science course. I was just wondering if I would be able to transfer onto the 4 year course that includes a placement year during my first year, as I have realised that it would benefit me massively.
I’ve just received my contextual offer at BBB to study English language and linguistics!
Original post by Jieay20
Hi, I just received a contextual offer for the 3-year BSc Actuarial Science course. I was just wondering if I would be able to transfer onto the 4 year course that includes a placement year during my first year, as I have realised that it would benefit me massively.

Hi, congrats on your offer!

I've just checked this with the admissions team and they can arrange*for you to move to the 4 year course now via our central*admissions*team or you can transfer once you start the course. If you wish to transfer your offer now please email [email protected] to request*the move or you can wait until your course has started.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂
Reply 7
Original post by University of York
Hi, congrats on your offer!

I've just checked this with the admissions team and they can arrange*for you to move to the 4 year course now via our central*admissions*team or you can transfer once you start the course. If you wish to transfer your offer now please email [email protected] to request*the move or you can wait until your course has started.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂

Hi,

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I have dropped them an email. 🙂
Reply 8
Hi! Congrats on your offer! If you have any questions about York, drop us a message 🙂

When do you pick a college? This sounds silly but I am interested lol
Original post by Dynasm
When do you pick a college? This sounds silly but I am interested lol

I looked at colleges quite early! Accommodation will open in early 2024 so I'd suggest you have some ideas before Christmas. The accommodation allocation is first come first served, so it's good to have a list of preferences so as soon as the system opens, you can submit your choices. If you do change your mind at a later date, you can always update your options and your original application date will be honoured, so always apply asap.

I wasn't bothered about catered/self catered or ensuite/shared bathroom and I wanted to be near my department (Music) so I decided on Vanbrugh College quite early on (shortly after my offer). It really depends on what you're looking for! Do you have any colleges in mind at the moment?

Hazel 🙂
Hi,

I’ve just received an offer for Physical Geography with Environment. I have already sat my A-Levels (Bs in Geography and Maths) but I am resitting Chemistry where I need a B.

Alex :smile:
Original post by alexyoung21
Hi,

I’ve just received an offer for Physical Geography with Environment. I have already sat my A-Levels (Bs in Geography and Maths) but I am resitting Chemistry where I need a B.

Alex :smile:

Congratulations on the offer and good luck with chemistry 🤞
Reply 12
👋 Glad to hold an AAA offer for Computer Science with Cyber Security (II12).
Reply 13
Hi everyone!
Just got a contextual offer for AAA in Psychology, or AAB with an A in my EPQ!
Currently studying Psychology, Geography and English Language at A-Level :smile:
Great! Me too!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten a offer from @University of York for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!! :smile:

Hi, Received an offer to study Philosophy, Politics and Economics (BA) offer of AAB. Currently studying for A-Level: Maths, Economics and History. I have booked a post-offer open day for next year, so can't wait to check the place out!
don't know if i have mentioned this before but i have gotten an offer to study BSc Linguistics :smile:! i currently study Psychology, Sociology and Spanish. i'm considering whether i should go to an offer-holder day on my birthday... :biggrin:! well done to everyone! any other linguists out there?
Original post by emm4nuella
don't know if i have mentioned this before but i have gotten an offer to study BSc Linguistics :smile:! i currently study Psychology, Sociology and Spanish. i'm considering whether i should go to an offer-holder day on my birthday... :biggrin:! well done to everyone! any other linguists out there?

For the course I’m riding there are a few dates to chose from for post offer open days, if you wouldn’t want to go on your birthday perhaps there are any other dates? Well done btw.
Original post by TomPhillips12
For the course I’m riding there are a few dates to chose from for post offer open days, if you wouldn’t want to go on your birthday perhaps there are any other dates? Well done btw.

yep there are a few other dates for me too but perhaps it could be a nice bday present to visit york for the day! thank you so much - well done on your offer too :smile:!
Reply 19
I looked at colleges quite early! Accommodation will open in early 2024 so I'd suggest you have some ideas before Christmas. The accommodation allocation is first come first served, so it's good to have a list of preferences so as soon as the system opens, you can submit your choices. If you do change your mind at a later date, you can always update your options and your original application date will be honoured, so always apply asap.

I wasn't bothered about catered/self catered or ensuite/shared bathroom and I wanted to be near my department (Music) so I decided on Vanbrugh College quite early on (shortly after my offer). It really depends on what you're looking for! Do you have any colleges in mind at the moment?

Hazel 🙂

Hi, just wondering, are the 2 campuses quite far from each other? - If I decided not to live at a college on the same campus as my course building, would it matter much?

BTW I received an offer to study Psychology MSci, I did Law, Biology and Chemistry and am retaking chem next summer
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending