The Student Room Group

Cambridge Mathematics Part III Applicants 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dorime01
Damm, long wait.

Part III Mathematical Statistics is likely to be similarly long given what happened in the past couple of years if you applied through that stream.
Reply 81
Current University and current course: University College London, Bsc Mathematics
Prospective Course: MAST in Pure Mathematics
Prospective Colleges: None (i.e. honestly I would say Trinity, but I left this choice empty in my application)
Current University Grades: 87.5/100 (weighted average)
Any research experience/valuable information:None (except for the best results in pure maths modules and participated in the IMC in 2023)

Application timeline:
- 1st of January (30mins after the New Year) : submitted
- 3rd of January: last referee submitted
- 4th of January:under review by department
- Don't remember going through this stage: Degree Committee
- 28/29/30th of January :PAO
- 8th of February: Conditional Offer
Hopefully, this will be helpful for you guys. And good luck with your applications.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Gaoke
Current University and current course: University College London, Bsc Mathematics
Prospective Colleges: None (i.e. honestly I would say Trinity, but I left this choice empty in my application)
Any research experience/valuable information:None (expect for the best results in pure maths modules and participated in the IMC in 2023)

Application timeline:
Hopefully, this will be helpful for you guys. And good luck with your applications.

Congratulations!! Did you check if your application was in the decision pending stage after 1 Feb?
Reply 83
Original post by rigel_1313
Congratulations!! Did you check if your application was in the decision pending stage after 1 Feb?

Oh yes, on my application portal, the status was also changed to ''Decision Pending'' on the 1st of February. But I think it happened to everyone here, whether you were in the PAO or not.
Reply 84
Original post by Gaoke
Any research experience/valuable information:None (expect for the best results in pure maths modules and participated in the IMC in 2023)

Application timeline:

Yoooo, congrats! Crazy quick timeline, too :smile:
Original post by Gaoke
Oh yes, on my application portal, the status was also changed to ''Decision Pending'' on the 1st of February. But I think it happened to everyone here, whether you were in the PAO or not.

Yeah, considering the amount of people getting this status, I am inclined to believe the same.
Original post by rigel_1313
Yeah, considering the amount of people getting this status, I am inclined to believe the same.

This isn't true, there were still people under review by department a few days after the switch over, its most likely a sign of getting past the department
got my offer for MAst Mathematical Statistics. PAOd on 29th Jan, and then moved to Decision Pending, just like everyone else on PAO did. Can confirm that decision pending is just a new term for PAO.
Reply 88
Original post by superbanana19
got my offer for MAst Mathematical Statistics. PAOd on 29th Jan, and then moved to Decision Pending, just like everyone else on PAO did. Can confirm that decision pending is just a new term for PAO.

did you get it just now? it's past office hours, no?
did you get it just now? it's past office hours, no?

got it before 5pm
Original post by Gaoke

Application timeline:

May I ask what did the conditional offer entail?
Reply 91
I supposed we're gna have to wait until Monday again? :frown:
Original post by Loomis667
I supposed we're gna have to wait until Monday again? :frown:

I'm expecting the worst and not finding out anything until the end of March for myself personally.
Reply 93
Original post by superbanana19

Did they send a mail? Or did you get to know by checking the portal?
Did they send a mail? Or did you get to know by checking the portal?

They always send an email when they make you an offer. So I'm not really sure why people are checking their portals that frequently. I think once you're in PAO/DP you should just wait for the email. Maybe your portal will update around 20 mins before you receiving the email but it's hardly worth all the stress checking the portal every 15 minutes
Has anyone within the stats stream received any updates this week?
Reply 96
Original post by statslover46
Has anyone within the stats stream received any updates this week?

No, it seems no updates for any stream recently.
got my conditional offer for MASt in Pure Maths yesterday (PAOd on 30th Jan, then moved to DP like everyone else did)
Reply 98
Original post by leahsfringe
got my conditional offer for MASt in Pure Maths yesterday (PAOd on 30th Jan, then moved to DP like everyone else did)

Congratulations!!! :smile:)))
Has anyone on department review moved to DP this week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending