The Student Room Group

Studying a language + your major at Cambridge

I applied to study History and Politics at Cambridge, because I want to pursue a career in that area. However, I was wondering if I’d be able to take a course on Spanish as well, because if I can improve my Spanish too, that’s great. Does anyone know if that’s an option, or if I’m limited only to courses that fall in my study?
You can do language classes through the language centre there but these are not "for credit" and are just things you are doing outside of/on top of your degree. I believe if you want to study a language there as part of your degree formally you need to do a course where this is included as part of the course (e.g. History & Modern Languages, AMES, MML, Religion, etc). But they do have a language centre with quite a range of options - I think they have discounts for current students as well, and perhaps some colleges have small awards to support language study through the language centre if needed/relevant to your studies (e.g. in preparation for a dissertation on a subject you need language skills for).
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending