The Student Room Group

Zoology at Anglia Ruskin

Hi, I recently recieved an unconditional offer from ARU and can't lie, I've been super excited. I quickly accepted it and am excited to go, but anxiety is starting to take hold and I'm starting to worry if I've made the wrong choice. I'm worried that ARU won't actually be a good uni for me, as have seen some people say this. Just looking for some advice, words from actual students, and maybe other people going this year?
Original post by zoej.xx
Hi, I recently recieved an unconditional offer from ARU and can't lie, I've been super excited. I quickly accepted it and am excited to go, but anxiety is starting to take hold and I'm starting to worry if I've made the wrong choice. I'm worried that ARU won't actually be a good uni for me, as have seen some people say this. Just looking for some advice, words from actual students, and maybe other people going this year?

Hi,

I am Bayleigh, I am a current student studying animal behaviour at ARU Cambridge campus!

Animal behaviour and zoology cross over a lot so I can give you a really good insight into studying Zoology at ARU!

In the first year, animal behaviour, zoology and ecology and conservation are all together so its really exciting to meet new people on different courses to you. There are 4 modules that all 3 courses take and they are all really fun! You will have field trips, lab experiments and then lectures too!

In the second and third year, you will have some compulsory modules for zoology but then you have the option to choose some modules which you prefer which is really great! 2nd and 3rd year still includes a lot of field trips which is really exciting aswell as collecting your own data. You also choose a topic of your choice which you want to study your dissertation on and its completely up to you!

I am in my 3rd year now and have really enjoyed aru due to the flexibility. You can tailor your assignment titles on what you want to study and there is many different ways of being assessed. You may have coursework, exams, group work, presentations, field trip based assignments, weekly multiple choice tests... there is a variety!

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending