The Student Room Group

Mother made me come to hospital on my night off.

Tuesday is my only day without night shift, I was at a restaurant with friends for a celebration and my Mother calls saying my brother has appendicitis and is about to go under and tells me to come. I say "no" because it's my night off and I'm chilling with friends but she gets angry and insists upon it. They didn't need me there, my parent's were there with my brother. I'm angry my night was cut short and I missed my friends celebration. My parent's think I'm being unreasonable.
Well, in many people’s eyes, you are.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Well, in many people’s eyes, you are.

My brother has been asleep since he came out of surgery, of what help will I be to him?
Original post by Anonymous
My brother has been asleep since he came out of surgery, of what help will I be to him?

I’m sure that question went down very well with your mother.
Reply 4
It's about familial support. This is a disappointing attitude and if it was one of my family, I'd certainly have something to say about it.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

You will be supporting your family by being there during a difficult time. I'm sure your brother would also appreciate you being there when he wakes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending