The Student Room Group

UKChO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZOX084
what was question 4 about?

i think that was the one that started with the synthesis for a gadolinium molecule used in MRI machines but ended up with calculations about the time it takes for nuclei to depolarise. Probably the hardest one
Original post by ZOX084
what was question 4 about?

Question 4 was about NMR and MRI scanners.
Reply 22
I got 49, probably a gold. Anyone know when grade boundaries come out?
Original post by nazarov

last year was 3rd march so probably around then. Well done btw
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the round 2 cutoff might be?
Original post by nazarov
hey I also got 49! my friend (mathematician) got 51 which he himself admitted that he didn't think he deserved if the paper was more like other years (ie, less maths heavy). hopefully we both have got strong golds tho :smile:)
Reply 26
Original post by Quagleduck
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the round 2 cutoff might be?

I got 67/82, and I suspect the round 2 cutoff will be around 65? I feel this paper was a bit easier than previous years, so R2 of ~80% seems right
Original post by Ariichu
I got 67/82, and I suspect the round 2 cutoff will be around 65? I feel this paper was a bit easier than previous years, so R2 of ~80% seems right
I think it'll be around that, maybe low 60s for round 2. It's annoying as I got 58/82, which is good but will probably not be enough for round 2 by a few marks
Reply 28
Original post by Ariichu
I think previous years were quite easy, easier than this year’s, maybe excluding 2022
Did anyone here get into round 2 last year
Anyone here got a round 2 invitation yet?
Original post by ahmed995482
Not yet for me, but I don't think I will get one. They probably send them out at the same time grade boundaries are released, maybe in a few days time

I just got an invitation for round 2
Original post by Razzledazzle310
Not yet for me, but I don't think I will get one. They probably send them out at the same time grade boundaries are released, maybe in a few days time
you got 1 more mark than me and i just got an invite so (unless they’ve taken several marks off you) i think you might get one soon!!
Original post by Ariichu
I just got an invitation for round 2
well done!! out of curiosity, what was your mark?
you got 1 more mark than me and i just got an invite so (unless they’ve taken several marks off you) i think you might get one soon!!
Wow, invites are coming out! Did you get them from your teacher?
So does that mean you got 57?
Original post by chiIdofcabin13
well done!! out of curiosity, what was your mark?

I got 67
Original post by Razzledazzle310
So does that mean you got 57?
yes, i didn’t think it’d be enough like you, but based of 2022 boundaries it was enough so i wasn’t sure. And yes my teacher forwarded me an email from rsc
yes, i didn’t think it’d be enough like you, but based of 2022 boundaries it was enough so i wasn’t sure. And yes my teacher forwarded me an email from rsc
Ok, I'll see if my teacher forwards me anything. Hopefully I didn't lose any marks during moderation and I get in!

Quick Reply

Latest